Conceived of by Scott Rosenberg and promoted off the back of Men In Black, Cowboys And Aliens was first picked up by Universal to be made into a film in 1997, after the success of Independence Day. There will be people going to see the film who weren’t born back then.
Since then, there have been many promises regarding the property that failed to come to fruition. Hell, the comic book itself took another eleven years to come out from Scott’s company Platinum Studios. And on release was plagued with scandal, accused of trying to fix the chart system and be the month’s number one selling graphic novel by paying certain stores to order copies in their thousands, presumably as part of a plan to push the comic book to an actual film.
Well now we have Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman and Damon Lindelof on script. Robert Downey Jr. looks like he’s up for a role. And John Favreau helping to seal the deal for a post Iron Man 2 team up again for the DreamWorks project. And shoot in July in 3D, if The Daily Beast is to be believed.
Twelfth time lucky?
- The Devil Within, a Comic Based on a Real Story About Possession – in Black Mask September 2018 Solicits - June 20, 2018
- Does Marvel’s ‘Infinity Warps’ Confirm Our Theory About Infinity Wars? #WhoGetsWarped - June 20, 2018
- Stabbity Ever After Launches in Scout Comics September 2018 Solicits - June 20, 2018
- The Vamplets Return in Time for Halloween in Action Lab September 2018 Solicits - June 20, 2018
- Patience Conviction Revenge and Moth & Whisper Launch in AfterShock Comics September 2018 Solicits - June 20, 2018