Conceived of by Scott Rosenberg and promoted off the back of Men In Black, Cowboys And Aliens was first picked up by Universal to be made into a film in 1997, after the success of Independence Day. There will be people going to see the film who weren’t born back then.
Since then, there have been many promises regarding the property that failed to come to fruition. Hell, the comic book itself took another eleven years to come out from Scott’s company Platinum Studios. And on release was plagued with scandal, accused of trying to fix the chart system and be the month’s number one selling graphic novel by paying certain stores to order copies in their thousands, presumably as part of a plan to push the comic book to an actual film.
Well now we have Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman and Damon Lindelof on script. Robert Downey Jr. looks like he’s up for a role. And John Favreau helping to seal the deal for a post Iron Man 2 team up again for the DreamWorks project. And shoot in July in 3D, if The Daily Beast is to be believed.
Twelfth time lucky?
- Captain Marvel #1 Tops Advance Reorders - December 13, 2018
- Poison Ivy Death on the Cover of Heroes In Crisis #7 - December 13, 2018
- Cullen Bunn’s Writer’s Commentary on Vampirella Vs Reanimator #1 - December 13, 2018
- NYCC Event Director Mike Armstrong Promoted to Vice President at Reed POP Expo - December 13, 2018
- New Comic Store Opens in England – Wow Comix Bury - December 13, 2018