He complained to friends of an ear ache previously and was on medication as a result. However he felt so ill, he was eventually taken to hospital, but it was too late. His website currently hosts an brief eulogy.
Aircel was famously an insulation company that lost its contract with the government and, under the guidance of comic fan and employee Barry Blair, decided to publish comic books instead. Popularising manga style artwork with titles such as Elflord and Samurai, Blair would write Warlock 5 to much acclaim, before moving into erotic comics.
Aircel would become part of Malibu and created the hit Men In Black for the company, before Blair left the company when Marvel bought Malibu.
Blair worked on a number of Elfquest titles and of late specialised in selling original artwork, especially erotic elf illustrations.
- Preview of Marlon Bundo, John Oliver’s Response to VP Mike Spence - March 19, 2018
- DC Comics to Publish English Translation of Batman & the Justice League Manga - March 18, 2018
- Solicits for DC Ink and Zoom Titles Mera, Harley Quinn: Breaking Glass, and DC Super Hero Girls: Search for Atlantis - March 18, 2018
- Brian Michael Bendis’s Creator-Owned Comics to Cost Less from DC Than Marvel - March 18, 2018
- 8 More Absolute/Omnibus Books from DC Comics, from Flashpoint to Before Watchmen - March 18, 2018