He complained to friends of an ear ache previously and was on medication as a result. However he felt so ill, he was eventually taken to hospital, but it was too late. His website currently hosts an brief eulogy.
Aircel was famously an insulation company that lost its contract with the government and, under the guidance of comic fan and employee Barry Blair, decided to publish comic books instead. Popularising manga style artwork with titles such as Elflord and Samurai, Blair would write Warlock 5 to much acclaim, before moving into erotic comics.
Aircel would become part of Malibu and created the hit Men In Black for the company, before Blair left the company when Marvel bought Malibu.
Blair worked on a number of Elfquest titles and of late specialised in selling original artwork, especially erotic elf illustrations.
- Cult Classic: Return to Whisper #1 from Vault Comics Gets a Surprise FOC - January 18, 2018
- Marvel Comics Changes Title of Doctor Strange: Damnation to Be More Bible-Belt-Friendly - January 18, 2018
- BLACK Gets a New Series in April as BLACK [AF] Widows - January 18, 2018
- DC Comics Fixes Justice League International Omnibus Problems (Some Of Them) With Stealth Second Printing - January 18, 2018
- Vaughn Stein Developing Smoketown from Scout Comics as a Movie - January 18, 2018