I’ve been hearing this in a number of forms over the past month. That it’s a stand alone graphic novel. That it’s a mini-series. That it’s an ongoing series part of a new celebrity-creator-own line… somewhere. That it’s nothing more than a baseless rumour.
Nevertheless it’s something a number of comics and film industry people have been talking about. A Ricky Gervais/Stephen Merchant created comic book, from the creators of The Office and Extras.
Gervais’ friend Jonathan Ross has just finished writing the first issue of Turf, being drawn by Tommy Lee Edwards and I understand he’s been rather evangelical among friends and colleagues about working the comic book medium of late. And it also has to be said that many appreciate business opportunities available.
No name, no details, no artist mentioned yet. But this seems like another step, if another step were needed, in the mainstreaming of comics as a creative medium, with everyone from Eminem to Salman Rushdie diving in.
- An Early Thanksgiving Present From DC Comics and Walmart - November 21, 2018
- Tying Up General Callahan in Astonishing X-Men #17 - November 21, 2018
- Cerebus Drops the Reprints in February 2019 for Sim City: A Dave To Kill For - November 21, 2018
- Grayson Lines Up A New Potential Girlfriend in Nightwing #53 (Spoilers) - November 21, 2018
- Oni Press Has Pilu Of The Woods and Queer & Trans Identities Join Rick & Morty in February 2019 Solicits - November 21, 2018