Launching at next year’s Bristol Comics Expo, will be The Bulletproof Coffin, a giveaway preview of the new Image comic book by Shaky Kane and David Hine with artwork, background information and interviews.
The series proper will launch in June and run to six issues, telling the stories of the classic and fictitious Golden Nuggets comics of the sixties, before the company was bought up and closed down by Big 2 Publishing.
Shaky Kane was one of the artistic driving forces of Deadline magazine in the eighties and nineties, with his remixed Jack Kirby-crossed-with-Moebius stylings telling psychedelically twisted tales. His biggest US exposure was in Deadline USA and a couple of pin ups for Doom Patrol, but he was one of the foremost contributors and influential creators on the UK indie scene.
And now he’s at Image! Where all the cool cats hang out! Here’s a preview of artwork from the series;
- All The Local Comic Shop Day 2018 Exclusives We Can Find For This Saturday - November 13, 2018
- David Avallone’s Writer’s Commentary on Elvira: Mistress Of The Dark #1 - November 13, 2018
- Jim Lee Draws a Crowd (and Wonder Woman) and Answers Whether Batman Kills The Joker at SAM - November 13, 2018
- Re-Review: G Willow Wilson’s Wonder Woman #58 Mirrors the Movie Through a Dark Glass - November 13, 2018
- Meet Keegan-Michael Key and Jordan Peele’s Toy Story 4 Characters, Ducky and Bunny, in Second Teaser Trailer - November 13, 2018