Launching at next year’s Bristol Comics Expo, will be The Bulletproof Coffin, a giveaway preview of the new Image comic book by Shaky Kane and David Hine with artwork, background information and interviews.
The series proper will launch in June and run to six issues, telling the stories of the classic and fictitious Golden Nuggets comics of the sixties, before the company was bought up and closed down by Big 2 Publishing.
Shaky Kane was one of the artistic driving forces of Deadline magazine in the eighties and nineties, with his remixed Jack Kirby-crossed-with-Moebius stylings telling psychedelically twisted tales. His biggest US exposure was in Deadline USA and a couple of pin ups for Doom Patrol, but he was one of the foremost contributors and influential creators on the UK indie scene.
And now he’s at Image! Where all the cool cats hang out! Here’s a preview of artwork from the series;
- Oh The Celebrities You’ll Meet At San Diego Comic-Con - July 22, 2017
- The Winners Of The Eisner Awards 2017 In Full – And Their Reactions! - July 22, 2017
- Black Eyed Peas Played The Marvel Party In San Diego Last Night – Video And Photos - July 22, 2017
- The Eisner Awards 2017 – Live, As They Come In - July 21, 2017
- IDW Cut Comics By 25% – And More First Strike, Star Trek, And Black Crown From The Diamond Retailer Presentation - July 21, 2017