Launching at next year’s Bristol Comics Expo, will be The Bulletproof Coffin, a giveaway preview of the new Image comic book by Shaky Kane and David Hine with artwork, background information and interviews.
The series proper will launch in June and run to six issues, telling the stories of the classic and fictitious Golden Nuggets comics of the sixties, before the company was bought up and closed down by Big 2 Publishing.
Shaky Kane was one of the artistic driving forces of Deadline magazine in the eighties and nineties, with his remixed Jack Kirby-crossed-with-Moebius stylings telling psychedelically twisted tales. His biggest US exposure was in Deadline USA and a couple of pin ups for Doom Patrol, but he was one of the foremost contributors and influential creators on the UK indie scene.
And now he’s at Image! Where all the cool cats hang out! Here’s a preview of artwork from the series;
- Buzz and Pat Broderick, the New Inker Ambassadors for the Inkwell Awards - January 16, 2018
- Old Man Hawkeye #1 and Venom #160 Go to Second Printings - January 16, 2018
- Neil Gaiman Announces Paperback of Norse Mythology for Tuesday, March 6th - January 16, 2018
- Finally – Frank Miller’s 300 Prequel, Xerxes, from Dark Horse Comics in April 2018 - January 16, 2018
- So… Why Is Marvel Not Cancelling Their Lowest-Selling Comics? - January 16, 2018