Well, it’s no Watchmensch…
But Aaron Freeman and Sharon Rosenzweig have been creating a comic version of The Torah for some time now, online, but are trying to get publishing to fund it. They have a deadline of November the 12th to raise $12,000 and are currently over a third of the way there.
This includes retelling to stories to have a female green God based on Sharon fall in love with a black Moses based on Aaron.
According to Jewish tradition the Shaheenah or divine presence is feminine is was she, the Shaheenah, that accompanied the Hebrews in the wilderness.
And everything else seems to be reinterpreted in that kind of context. I think it looks sensational.
If you’re interested in funding such an operation, $1 or more gets you a credit in the book. $22 will get you a signed copy on publication. Greater donations will get you a home-made challah by Sharon Rosenzweig, a character in the book designed to look like you and archival copies of pages, Sharon and Aaron coming to your home to cook you dinner, or even a book of the Torah named after you. $10,000 for that last one, folks.
- Today’s Secret Empire #7 Revisits That Scene With Thor’s Hammer, Ahead Of The Final Issues - July 26, 2017
- As Of Today, Batman Is Officially A Meta-Human (Suicide Squad #22 Spoilers) - July 26, 2017
- Which Order To Read Today’s Secret Empire Comics In? And How Imperial Are They? X-Men Blue #8, Occupy Avengers #8, Deadpool #34, Mighty Captain Marvel #7, Captain America: Sam Wilson #24, Secret Empire #7, Captain America: Steve Rogers #19 - July 26, 2017
- Infamous Iron Man #10 Rewrites The Reality Of The Multiverse (SPOILERS) - July 26, 2017
- Is This The Proof You Need For The Identity Of Mister Oz From Today’s Action Comics #984? - July 26, 2017