Well, it’s no Watchmensch…
But Aaron Freeman and Sharon Rosenzweig have been creating a comic version of The Torah for some time now, online, but are trying to get publishing to fund it. They have a deadline of November the 12th to raise $12,000 and are currently over a third of the way there.
This includes retelling to stories to have a female green God based on Sharon fall in love with a black Moses based on Aaron.
According to Jewish tradition the Shaheenah or divine presence is feminine is was she, the Shaheenah, that accompanied the Hebrews in the wilderness.
And everything else seems to be reinterpreted in that kind of context. I think it looks sensational.
If you’re interested in funding such an operation, $1 or more gets you a credit in the book. $22 will get you a signed copy on publication. Greater donations will get you a home-made challah by Sharon Rosenzweig, a character in the book designed to look like you and archival copies of pages, Sharon and Aaron coming to your home to cook you dinner, or even a book of the Torah named after you. $10,000 for that last one, folks.
- Dark Matter Widens The Divide At DC Comics Between Dan DiDio And Geoff Johns - April 23, 2017
- Killing The 5 Year Timeline – Superman, Flash And Blue Beetle Spoilers For The Week Ahead, Rumbling Around C2E2 - April 23, 2017
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List 23rd April 2017 – Batman And Superman Beat Secret Empire, But Redneck And Monstress Rocket Up The Chart - April 23, 2017
- No Gays In Nineties X-Men? That’s What Greek Gods And Goddesses Are For… - April 23, 2017
- Some Big Wins At The C2E2 Charity Auction - April 23, 2017