Well, it’s no Watchmensch…
But Aaron Freeman and Sharon Rosenzweig have been creating a comic version of The Torah for some time now, online, but are trying to get publishing to fund it. They have a deadline of November the 12th to raise $12,000 and are currently over a third of the way there.
This includes retelling to stories to have a female green God based on Sharon fall in love with a black Moses based on Aaron.
According to Jewish tradition the Shaheenah or divine presence is feminine is was she, the Shaheenah, that accompanied the Hebrews in the wilderness.
And everything else seems to be reinterpreted in that kind of context. I think it looks sensational.
If you’re interested in funding such an operation, $1 or more gets you a credit in the book. $22 will get you a signed copy on publication. Greater donations will get you a home-made challah by Sharon Rosenzweig, a character in the book designed to look like you and archival copies of pages, Sharon and Aaron coming to your home to cook you dinner, or even a book of the Torah named after you. $10,000 for that last one, folks.
- Are We Getting an Original Unity Omnibus from Valiant Entertainment? - January 21, 2018
- 24-Page Preview of Z-People #1, Another of Sitcomics’ 64-Page $3.99 Comics - January 21, 2018
- More from Glenat’s Conan the Barbarian Series Starting This Year - January 21, 2018
- Hannah Blumenreich’s Official Free Comic Book Day 2018 Poster - January 21, 2018
- Jeepers Creepers by Marc Andreyko and Kewber Baal, from Dynamite in April - January 21, 2018