Remember the Warner shareholder who talked about Warner dumping their magazine publishing operations? One Time Warner official told one news source that it was poppycock – “Time Warner without People? I can’t imagine it” and that the magazine line (and indeed the comics line for that matter) are profitable for the company.
DC Comics have officially announced that there will be no Ambush Bug #6 but #7 instea. The long delayed controversial issue will be put in the bottom drawer at DC, and this will be a new final issue. Though, it seems, with the cover solicited for #6. And a legend will be created!
The January solicitations for DC Comics are expected to be rather notable. For what? No idea. expect a bunch of one shots (with one written by Dan DiDio) but as for the rest, well we look forward to being surprised… something to fill the chasm of no Blackest Night issue that month?
The Independent use the Ian Rankin Hellblazer graphic novel as a run down of other novelists becoming a little more… graphic, with Philip Pullman, Denise Mina, Jodi Picoult, Jason Starr and Kevin Baker gettingnamechecked as well as Zadie Smith and Toby Litt. It also points out that the Rankin Hellblazer story wa a Titan approach rather than one from DC Comics…
Oh and the Real Tank Girl story I ran yesterday. It looks like Richard Littlejohn fancies her a bit. Oh dear.
- The DC Masterclass Panel Welcomes Latecomers, From Dan DiDio To Greg Capullo To Frank Miller - July 22, 2017
- Marvel’s Hasbro Panel At San Diego Comic-Con In 85 Photos - July 22, 2017
- New Thor: Ragnarok Poster Released To Dazzle The Senses - July 22, 2017
- Miracleman Is Coming. Just Not Yet. Wait. - July 22, 2017
- Motor Crush #9 Will Be A Flashback Issue Drawn By Cameron Stewart With Babs Tarr On Colours - July 22, 2017