How do you sell Welsh churches to the “yoot”? Why, by describing the stained glass windows thus;
We have to remember, so many people couldn’t read – I suppose it’s a kind of graphic novel with New Testament one on the other side perhaps the Old Testament.
Amid all the tepid reviews of the Whiteout movie, this sentence from See Magazine stuck out…
The film was based on a graphic novel, and much of the dialogue has the flat, impersonal feel of words that originally appeared in a speech bubble.
Really? Why is that different to flat impersonal words that fill a screenplay? It’s not as if this was in any way a word-for-word adaptation, they’re lucky they kept the film in the Antarctic, and there have been some rather large changes.
The Sun reports that Desmond Tutu is backing comics that promote healthy lifestyles in children, under the name Medikidz – and yes they’ve invented a bunch of superheroes to do it, Pump, Skinderella, Chi, Gastronomic, Axon and Abacus. So what’s that… Steroid abuse, anorexia, obesity, nerves and innumeracy?
I don’t know, one day it’s Agent Provocateur, the next it’s a children’s health charity. Will people please make up their mind?
Neil Gaiman has made his film…
Anyway, enough of me writing, lets watch a couple of videos. Maybe the reviewer above will learn not to use the phrase “speech bubble” as Hitler finally gets banned from the John Byrne Forum…
Two minutes in… Seal cosplay.
- The British Museum to Put on Largest Manga Exhibition in the World, Outside of Japan - December 10, 2018
- Tolkien In Love, Now Available From the BBC, Free, Worldwide - December 10, 2018
- Is New Year’s Day’s Doctor Who Actually Called Resolution Of The Daleks? - December 9, 2018
- Ten Thoughts about Doctor Who Series 11 Finale: The Battle Of Ranskoor Av Kolos - December 9, 2018
- BBC Confirms: No Doctor Who Series 12 Until 2020 - December 9, 2018