Tanker of the Comic Bloc forums first posted this possible swipe file…
Frank Quitely’s cover for Batman And Robin #3, flipped.
With the internal story seemingly a reflection of some of Killing Joke‘s themes and images, well it’s just rather lovely isn’t it? Fingers through the hair, mad staring eyes, laughing twisted mouth… too lovely it seems.
CBR ran the comparison, even DC Vice President Richard Bruning and Cameron Stewart complimented the composition on Twitter… but no one seemed to have asked Frank Quitely.
He tells me that any resemblance was not deliberate. However, he is tempted to now fashion such a cover at some point in the future if the opportunity arises…
- Even More Comics Folk React to the Death of Stan Lee - November 12, 2018
- Roy Thomas Says Stan Lee Was ‘Ready To Leave This Earth’ - November 12, 2018
- Everyone Reacts to the Death Of Stan Lee - November 12, 2018
- Steve Geppi Displays the Original Captain America Designs, Mickey Mouse Storyboard and GI Joe Prototype at the Library Of Congress - November 12, 2018
- James Robinson Working on Mystery DC Comic – Could it Be Stargirl? - November 12, 2018