Tanker of the Comic Bloc forums first posted this possible swipe file…
Frank Quitely’s cover for Batman And Robin #3, flipped.
With the internal story seemingly a reflection of some of Killing Joke‘s themes and images, well it’s just rather lovely isn’t it? Fingers through the hair, mad staring eyes, laughing twisted mouth… too lovely it seems.
CBR ran the comparison, even DC Vice President Richard Bruning and Cameron Stewart complimented the composition on Twitter… but no one seemed to have asked Frank Quitely.
He tells me that any resemblance was not deliberate. However, he is tempted to now fashion such a cover at some point in the future if the opportunity arises…
- Ch-Ch-Changes- with Edgar Salazar, Grant Morrison, Howard Porter and Jorge Jiminez - January 15, 2018
- Jamie Hewlett Draws BBC Radio 4 Front Row’s Stig Abel - January 15, 2018
- IDW to Publish Rick Veitch’s Brat Pack Hardcover in September - January 15, 2018
- Meet the Pink Time Force Ranger in April - January 15, 2018
- Valiant Issues Correction for Shadowman #1 Glow-in-the-Dark Variant – They Will Publish More Than One Copy - January 15, 2018