Marvel Studios has had an Ant Man movie in development for a while, with a script by Spaced/Shaun of The Dead/Hot Fuzz/Scott Pilgrim‘s Edgar Wright Jr and Joe Cornish, to be directed by Wright. And probably with Simon Pegg in the lead.
As of last year, Wright and Cornish were working on a second draft of the script, while Wright described as “It’s going to be less overtly comedic than anything else I’ve ever done. It’s more of a full-on action adventure sci-fi film but with a comedic element – in the same spirit of a lot of escapist fare like that. It’s certainly not a superhero spoof or pastiche and it certainly isn’t a sort of Honey I Shrunk The Kids endeavour at all.”
Will Pixar steal a jump? Could Pixar even use Wright and Cornish’s work? While Pixar’s work is normally family-friendly, both Wright and Cornish’s work is usually far edgier, and one would expect even a superhero film co-written by the pair to have an older audience in mind.
Also Pixar do seem to have a philosophy against projects “Not Made Here”, as the people who worked on the original Toy Story 3 for Disney will tell you. Ant Man being a Marvel character might be as far as Pixar might stretch to incorporate other people’s ideas, and ther Wright/Cornish treatment could be tossed as a result.
So let it be said loud enough. Let it reach John Lasseter’s ears by one means or another. I would love to see a Pixar Ant Man. I would love to see a Wright/Cornish Ant Man more. A Pixar/Wright/Cornish Ant Man would be perfection. And I don’t think I’m alone…
- Tying Up One Of Those Civil War II Hanging Threads In Today’s Ultimates 2… - April 26, 2017
- DC Comics Ch-Ch-Changes – Hal, Hell And Harley - April 26, 2017
- Another Fake Jack Kirby Page Sells For Over $2000 On eBay - April 26, 2017
- Adult Swim Confirms That Neon Joe, Werewolf Hunter Is Returning In May - April 26, 2017
- A Comic Store In Your Future – Guardians 2 Will Be A Smash. The Comics, Not So Much. - April 26, 2017