Here’s way to free up space at the San Diego Comic Con. Outsource. D23, otherwise known as DisneyCon is gearing up for Anaheim next month.
But what’s the experience going to be like – panels showing Disney TV shows, Lost and the like, movies like Tim Burton’s Alice In Wonderland, games, theme park rides, toys, statues, booths selling Disney stuff, is it all in danger of looking a little bit samey? One thing about San Diego, everywhere you look you can see something different. And rather edgy too. And will Disney tolerate the kind of mashups that cosplay bring? What about a Gays In Disney panel, where hundreds of Disney characters are put under the microscope hunting for the tiniest signs of heterosecuality? A Blacks In Disney panel featuring Song of The South and some of those Mickey Mouse comic strips from the forties tha no one likes to talk about now? Can Disney counter criticism at venue celebrating itself? Will, somehow, Twilight ruin Disney Con?
And where are the comics? Is this an opportunity Boom! are missing out on? And who reading this article is actually going? If so will you dress up as Carl Fredricksen from Up? So many questions.
- Will Bunker Come to Titans TV Season 2? - October 22, 2018
- Warren Ellis Tells You What to Expect in Castlevania Season 2 From Netflix - October 22, 2018
- DC Comics’ Reboot of Books Of Magic This Week - October 22, 2018
- First Review: The Green Lantern #1 by Grant Morrison and Liam Sharp – From 2000AD to Preacher? - October 22, 2018
- Valiant Entertainment to Publish ‘The Forgotten Queen’ - October 22, 2018