Eagle eyed readers will have noticed a missing solicitation for X-Factor in the recent Marvel listings for November. And they’re fearing the worst.
On the ComicBoards forum, Peter David said;
I’m busting ass on this book and sales still haven’t gone up. What did you think was going to happen?”
While clarifying that this didn’t actually mean he’d said the book was cancelled, David added;
I think the book reads better than ever and retailers aren’t ordering more. The book gets national publicity and retailers aren’t ordering more. If the book were to end, well, it just wouldn’t be a surprise since retailers seem to be sending the message that they’re never going to increase orders… Sometimes it’s not what I say; it’s what I don’t say. Or maybe it’s canceled and I just don’t want to admit to it. I’m a puzzle.
He certainly is. On his own message board he writes;
You know what’s weird? On the one hand I’ve got X-fans who claim that X-Factor doesn’t read like any of the other X-titles and therefore they don’t read it. And on the other hand, I’ve got people who say they don’t read any of the X-titles and therefore don’t read it. And people wonder why we’re struggling in sales.
There’s really nothing to say, except that I assume Marvel will make some official announcement.
Which leaves every X-Factor fan assuming the worst. Well, I understand that they don’t need to. Say, isn’t there some kind of Fan Expo in Toronto being attended by Marvel next week just prime for announcements of sorts? Really? And you know, if you added up all the different X-Factor issues from different volumes, what number would it be approaching?
- ‘Bout Time … Deadpool Meets Gwenpool - January 22, 2017
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List – 22nd January 2017 – “I Ordered Really Low On Monsters Unleashed But It Wasn’t Low Enough” - January 22, 2017
- So Why Were DC Comics April 2017 Solicitations Delayed A Week Anyway? - January 22, 2017
- Warren Ellis, On Whether Nazis Should Be Punched In The Face, Or Not - January 22, 2017
- Lying In The Gutters – 22nd January 2017 – Supergirl Grabs Bleeding Cool By The Traffic - January 22, 2017