By William Christensen
I think today has to silence those that were afraid the show would underperform. Busy day, we were jumping right from the start. Jacen Burrows was just buried signing Crossed books for fans. Talked to some of our neighbors like Chris Staros at Top Shelf, they seem to be pleasantly surprised at how steady sales were.
We had our panel late in the afternoon. I kinda blazed through all the information, but the solid crowd (about 75 people) said it was a good, if brief presentation. The fan reaction to the new Ellis series Supergod and Captain Swing has been fantastic. We also announced artist Marek Oleksicki’s follow-up to Frankenstein’s Womb — The Skin Trade, a werewolf horror story written by George RR Martin. Jacen Burrows also talked a bit about his upcoming collaboration with Alan Moore, Neonomicon. Overall, I was very pleased with the reaction to the panel, as these panels have been met with sparse attendance for us in the past due to scheduling conflicts and so on.
Interesting buzz on the show floor overall, it’s been a very good show for us and some of the other indy publishers as well as many of the
professionals I have talked to.
William Christensen is Editor-in-Chief and Publisher of Avatar Press. Bleeding Cool invited any other booth owners to submit their own View From Booth #XXXX.
- Fantastic Four #9 and More Stolen from House Of Secrets in Burbank - May 20, 2018
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List – 20th May 2018 – ‘Readers Realized There Was No Wedding in the Wedding Special’ - May 20, 2018
- Bob Layton Just Discovered He Created a Character in Deadpool 2 - May 20, 2018
- The Rev Michael Curry Vs Princess Bride’s Peter Cook’s Royal Wedding Address (VIDEO) - May 20, 2018
- Lying In The Gutters – 20th May 2018 – Flamewars and Lawsuits - May 20, 2018