Such as Jerry Bruckheimer acquiring the movie rights to Ashley Wood and Jon Gibson’s graphic novella World War Robot, from IDW.
I mean, doesn’t that sound like a San Diego announcement to you?
The comic is made up of diary entries from both sides of an Earth/Mars war being fought using robots on both sides. With a very strong World War I parallel, aristocracies using soldiers as fodder. Not sure how much of that tone will get lost in the Bruckenheimisatio, by artist Ashley Woods will be executive producer on the movie, as will IDW’s Ted Adams. That’s got to help.
And it’s not alone. Digital production company Animal Logic have picked up the rights to Night Mary by Rick Remender and Kieron Dwyer also from IDW.
The comic sees a teenager who can enter the dreams of her father’s patients at a sleep disorder clinic, until she encounters a serial killer there. Animal Logic may be familiar from their work on The Matrix and 300, and currently are involved with Guardians Of Ga’Hoole for Zack Snyder.
And in other news, Martin Scorcese has decided to adapt the George Bush & The Weapons Of Mass Distraction trading card set from IDW written by Rich John — no, no, sadly he hasn’t. Not yet anyway.
- Marvel Comics Finally Publishes Dazzler One-Shot as Dazzler: X-Song - March 19, 2018
- Watch: Steven Spielberg Introduces Ready Player One to London IMAX Audience (VIDEO) - March 19, 2018
- The Full DC Comics Catalog for May 2018 + Solicits – Preludes and Weddings - March 19, 2018
- Batman’s Plan for Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy in This Week’s Batman #43 - March 19, 2018
- Man, Everyone Gets to be Worthy These Days (Thanos #16 and #17 Spoilers) - March 19, 2018