Such as Jerry Bruckheimer acquiring the movie rights to Ashley Wood and Jon Gibson’s graphic novella World War Robot, from IDW.
I mean, doesn’t that sound like a San Diego announcement to you?
The comic is made up of diary entries from both sides of an Earth/Mars war being fought using robots on both sides. With a very strong World War I parallel, aristocracies using soldiers as fodder. Not sure how much of that tone will get lost in the Bruckenheimisatio, by artist Ashley Woods will be executive producer on the movie, as will IDW’s Ted Adams. That’s got to help.
And it’s not alone. Digital production company Animal Logic have picked up the rights to Night Mary by Rick Remender and Kieron Dwyer also from IDW.
The comic sees a teenager who can enter the dreams of her father’s patients at a sleep disorder clinic, until she encounters a serial killer there. Animal Logic may be familiar from their work on The Matrix and 300, and currently are involved with Guardians Of Ga’Hoole for Zack Snyder.
And in other news, Martin Scorcese has decided to adapt the George Bush & The Weapons Of Mass Distraction trading card set from IDW written by Rich John — no, no, sadly he hasn’t. Not yet anyway.
- Solo Continues the Fireflying of the Star Wars Universe – A Spoiler-Free Review - May 24, 2018
- Rebellion to Publish Comics Based On Their Sniper Elite Games in August - May 24, 2018
- 2000AD Publisher Relaunches Classic British Comics as the Rebellion-Verse - May 24, 2018
- Michael Uslan Brings Back Dinosaucers in Lion Forge’s August 2018 Solicits - May 24, 2018
- Dave Sim Creates Nick Calm, Agent of C.O.D.P.I.E.C.E. - May 24, 2018