I understand from close sources that the San Diego Conference Center has been told by the San Diego Comic Con organisers that they must significantly increase the size of the building and available facilities by 2011, or Comic Con International will move locations….
There has been much rumour concerning the move of the convention and many considered it a negotiation tactic. But the demand is now on the table.
While the Con has continued to grow in size, it has had to restrict ticket sales well below the amount it could sell, due to space restrictions. And while it is but one week a year for the Center, it’s a very profitable week indeed.
There is a design in the works to expand the Center, but it’s dependent on finance that might be tricky to get in the current climate.
What if everyone promised to breathe in? Would that work?
- Image Comics Solicits For February 2018 Sees A New Governor For The Walking Dead - November 21, 2017
- The Morality Of Reading, Writing, And Publishing Doomsday Clock - November 21, 2017
- This Comic Store Is Giving Away Free Pizza With Every Issue Of Doomsday Clock #1 Tonight - November 21, 2017
- The Doomsday Clock #1 Retailer Exclusive Variant You’ll Never See - November 21, 2017
- Marvel Comics Solicits For February 2018: X-Men Is Red, Doctor Strange Has Damnation, And Star Wars Has Been Thrawn - November 21, 2017