He’s just flown into Los Angeles with David Tennant, then whooshed across to the San Diego. And I just nervously (hence the shaky cam)bumped into Britain’s most famous TV presenter as he checked into the Homophobic Hyatt Hotel in his cosplay gear. I say cosplay, Ross is a famously snappy dresser, and it could just have been his choice of clothes today.
Ross is probably the UK’s most prominent comic book fan. He once co-owned a comics store, owns many key books (recently selling one of his copies of Amazing Fantasy #15 for charity), recently filmed a tribute to the work of Steve Diko for BBC4 and often talks up comics on his shows. He’s a friend of Neil Gaiman and Mark Millar, is currently writing his own comic book and a plug for anything from his lips can sent sales soaring.
Welcome to Con, Jonathan.
- Two Meta-Looks at Comics From Marvel and DC This Week - October 19, 2018
- Archie Comics Cancels Their Marvel Digest Volumes - October 19, 2018
- Marvel Comics Challenge Another Punisher Trademark Application by Militia Group - October 19, 2018
- So Why Are There No Comic Book Unions Then? - October 19, 2018
- Jim Steranko, Ron Frenz, George Perez, Barry Kitson and Alan Davis on The Liberty Brigade - October 19, 2018