Todd Allen has number crunched Marvel’s subscription data and has revealed that Tom Brevoort’s claims that Marvel could have launched the three-times-a-month Amazing Spider-Man title on subscriptions alone seem a little precarious when the book sells 9000 each issue alone, although that was a couple of years ago. However, you could definitely launch the Marvel Adventures Spider-Man series on current subscriptions alone, selling over 30,000 an issue.
The character of Deadpool will be breaking the fourth wall in his upcoming movie, as he did briefly in one of the Wolverine Origins endings. While the comic did see him directly address the audience on occasion, think more John Byrne’s She-Hulk for a guide…
Panini/Marvel UK do have the rights to reprint IDW Doctor Who material. Come on guys, Room With A Deja View made available for the good British folks? Please?
I ran a Speculator Corner piece on Wednesday Comics, shipping next week. not too long ago. Looks like I may have been right, small mainstream press is starting on this book already. Houston Chronicle, Plain Dealer and Toledo Free Press make the first moves.
As San Diego con goers get to see exclusive footage, the Kick Ass movie will be screened in full to studio heads at/after San Diego, according to Mark Millar, at which point the movie will be auctioned off. You know, if enough fanboys got together and pooled all their cash… This is a very clever way to show studios/distributors the demand for such a product, have tens of thousands of geeks baying for it…
Oh and a Julius Caesar spread from Classical Comics (recently dropped by Diamond) by Sean O’Conner and Gary Erskine.
- Frankie Boyle’s Rex Royd Comic Complete For The First Time in Titan Comics June 2018 Solicits - March 21, 2018
- Umami – The Latest Comic From ‘I Kill Giants’ Co-Creator and Artist Ken Niimura - March 21, 2018
- Meltdown Comics of Los Angeles Is Closing For Good on March 30th (UPDATE) - March 21, 2018
- A Comic Show – Talking The Death of Thor and More - March 21, 2018
- Magdalene Visaggio and Eva Cabrera Launch Oh S#!T, It’s Kim & Kim #1 in June - March 21, 2018