Yesterday I ran a story that financial investment company JP Morgan had advised clients that Marvel Entertainment had risen from Neutral to Overweight and should therefore be seen as a stock to Buy.
Indeed, they changed their opinion that the stock would head to $27, to $42 a share. A $15 difference and making it their top pick for investment for the day.
They explained this decision saying “we expect the company to continue to generate high margin revenue from exploitation of its library of characters and surprise the Street to the upside.”
Which admittedly sounds a little like a horoscope rfeading, and in fact that’s almost what it is. But stock rallied from $35 in the morning to $38 after the story broke before settling to $37.50 after people started selling on the back of the rally.
In March, Marvel hit a low of $23. That would have been a very good time to buy…
- NYCC Goss: Venom and Spider-Man Events for 2019 - October 23, 2018
- NYCC Goss: What Has Salvador Larroca Been Working on at Marvel? - October 23, 2018
- Nancy Silberkleit Pays Tribute to Archie’s Editor-In-Chief Victor Gorelick - October 23, 2018
- Max Bemis on Writing Moon Knight #200 and Taking a Break From Marvel - October 23, 2018
- Doctor Who and Assassin’s Creed With Titan at MCM London Comic Con - October 23, 2018