Japanese newspaper Mainichi reports on a novel way that one small Tokyo comic seller is using to combat declining sales and the increasing shift of manga to online reading.
Mandoku – the art of acting out manga stories on the street for passers by.
Opposite Shimokitazawa Station on the roadside in Tokyo’s Setagaya Ward, Rikimaru Tohu, trained actor, voice artist and street seller draws a crowd as he performs acts from the latest manga volumes, playing all the characters and doing all the sound effects. Which people are free to purchase afterwards. And they do.
Publishers have also paid him to appear at various events, performing their works.
Any chance of getting Brian Hibbs to do the same with Dark Reign: The List? Well?
- Free Marvel 2018 Calendars Tomorrow Only Show The Classic Versions Of Characters – Including The Fantastic Four - December 12, 2017
- Tomorrow’s Comics Today With A Comic Show – Legacy, Tom King & Christmas Specials! - December 12, 2017
- After 32 Years, Comic Store Tries to Raise $1 Million to Buy Its Own Shopping Centre - December 12, 2017
- The Wicked + The Divine Fails The Mull of Kintyre Test [Annual #1 Spoilers] - December 12, 2017
- Gerard Jones’s Trial to Begin in March Next Year - December 12, 2017