Japanese newspaper Mainichi reports on a novel way that one small Tokyo comic seller is using to combat declining sales and the increasing shift of manga to online reading.
Mandoku – the art of acting out manga stories on the street for passers by.
Opposite Shimokitazawa Station on the roadside in Tokyo’s Setagaya Ward, Rikimaru Tohu, trained actor, voice artist and street seller draws a crowd as he performs acts from the latest manga volumes, playing all the characters and doing all the sound effects. Which people are free to purchase afterwards. And they do.
Publishers have also paid him to appear at various events, performing their works.
Any chance of getting Brian Hibbs to do the same with Dark Reign: The List? Well?
- Doctor Who, Robotech and Tank Girl in Titan Comics January 2019 Solicitations - October 17, 2018
- You Wait Ages for DC Comics With the Hecate and Then, Ironically, Three Come Along at Once - October 17, 2018
- Peter Cannon, Turok and Barbarella/Dejah Thoris Launch in Dynamite January 2019 Solicitations - October 17, 2018
- Dark Horse Launch Fight Club 3, Avatar, Aliens, Tom Clancey, Wyrd, Starcraft Soldiers Comics in January 2019 Solicitations - October 17, 2018
- Iowa Comic Stores and More Affected by Late Shipments This Week - October 17, 2018