Japanese newspaper Mainichi reports on a novel way that one small Tokyo comic seller is using to combat declining sales and the increasing shift of manga to online reading.
Mandoku – the art of acting out manga stories on the street for passers by.
Opposite Shimokitazawa Station on the roadside in Tokyo’s Setagaya Ward, Rikimaru Tohu, trained actor, voice artist and street seller draws a crowd as he performs acts from the latest manga volumes, playing all the characters and doing all the sound effects. Which people are free to purchase afterwards. And they do.
Publishers have also paid him to appear at various events, performing their works.
Any chance of getting Brian Hibbs to do the same with Dark Reign: The List? Well?
- Fantastic Four #9 and More Stolen from House Of Secrets in Burbank - May 20, 2018
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List – 20th May 2018 – ‘Readers Realized There Was No Wedding in the Wedding Special’ - May 20, 2018
- Bob Layton Just Discovered He Created a Character in Deadpool 2 - May 20, 2018
- The Rev Michael Curry Vs Princess Bride’s Peter Cook’s Royal Wedding Address (VIDEO) - May 20, 2018
- Lying In The Gutters – 20th May 2018 – Flamewars and Lawsuits - May 20, 2018