Earlier today, Bleeding Cool was the first to point the finger at the unprecedended success enjoyed by the first issue John Layman and Rob Guillory’s Chew from Image Comics. When was the last time the first issue of a new series was hitting $50 on eBay two weeks later? Not with Bone, not with Ultimate Spider-Man, not with the Obama/McCain books from IDW. This has never happened before.
And as retailers rush to up their orders on the second print and the second issue, there are all sorts of knock on effects. Walking Dead #61 featured a preview of the series, and is itself now selling out and rising up the eBay charts.
Could other series by John Layman, languishing in 50c bins up and down the country, received similar favour? Bay City Jive perhaps? Xena Warrior Princess? Marvel Zombies Vs Army Of Darkness? Gambit? Puffed?
Come on, admit it, who actually saw this coming? Hmm?
- Fantastic Four #9 and More Stolen from House Of Secrets in Burbank - May 20, 2018
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List – 20th May 2018 – ‘Readers Realized There Was No Wedding in the Wedding Special’ - May 20, 2018
- Bob Layton Just Discovered He Created a Character in Deadpool 2 - May 20, 2018
- The Rev Michael Curry Vs Princess Bride’s Peter Cook’s Royal Wedding Address (VIDEO) - May 20, 2018
- Lying In The Gutters – 20th May 2018 – Flamewars and Lawsuits - May 20, 2018