According to Heidi MacDonald’s The Beat, Marvel Comics are finally publishing the long awaiting “Marvel indie anthology” project, a three-issue mini-series named Strange Tales, an anthology featuring a bevy of indie comics talent working on Marvel’s biggest name characters, starting in September.
This will include the long-lost Startling Stories: The Incorrigible Hulk by Peter Bagge, originally reported way back when and solicited by Marvel in 2003 as a sequel to his The Megalomaniacal Spider-Man. Begun during a period of experimentation within the company, the project was cancelled when the company became a little more conservative with their publications in the wake of big multi-media prospects. The George Clooney Nick Fury vehicle had already fallen due to the Garth Ennis-penned Fury series. There had been tabloid uproar over the planned revival of Princess Diana as a mutant zombie in X-Statix. The Ang Lee Hulk movie was out. And suddenly a publication featuring the green goliath as a “viagra-taking loon” went out of the window, although the original solicitation remains on Marvel’s website.
This is long awaited, much appreciated news. And at $3.99 for 48 pages, I’m sure that’s a price point we can all support. And prevent us freaking out like this…
Now.. where is Andi Watson’s completed Love-Fifteen series for Marvel? You know what? I bet that would make a great family film…
- Fantastic Four #9 and More Stolen from House Of Secrets in Burbank - May 20, 2018
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List – 20th May 2018 – ‘Readers Realized There Was No Wedding in the Wedding Special’ - May 20, 2018
- Bob Layton Just Discovered He Created a Character in Deadpool 2 - May 20, 2018
- The Rev Michael Curry Vs Princess Bride’s Peter Cook’s Royal Wedding Address (VIDEO) - May 20, 2018
- Lying In The Gutters – 20th May 2018 – Flamewars and Lawsuits - May 20, 2018