Disney brass got on the phone with reporters today to talk money, but Bog Iger did also drop this bit of new info on Star Wars: Episode VII, including a timeline for its onscreen characters, as well as offscreen filmmakers.
For the characters, it’s been 30 years since the events of Return of the Jedi. Here’s how Wall Street Journal’s Ben Fritz relayed what Iger said:
Star Wars Episode VII will take place 30 years after Return of the Jedi, Iger says. "Very familiar faces" along with trio of young leads
— Ben Fritz (@benfritz) March 18, 2014
As for the production on the film itself, that will begin in May. StarWars.com made the announcement, and I can’t help but feel like this means real official casting news may finally be very, very close as well.
For what it’s worth, Iger told journalists today that the only one cast so far is R2-D2.