Administrator

Default New Poster For Epic, Screenplay For Rise Of The Guardians - It's A William Joyce Double

Last year's Rise of the Guardians, which disappointingly wasn't a sequel-spawning box office hit despite being really rather good indeed, was adapted from stories by William Joyce. The same is true of this year's Epic.

Here's the poster for Epic, and when you're done looking at this, you may wish to read David Lindsay-Abaire's splendid script for Guardians. It's been put online as part of Dreamworks' For Your Consideration scheme. This is my pick for last year's best adapted screenplay. It's a cracker.

Suffice to say, I have the film's Blu-ray 3D on pre-order now.

Here's hoping Epic is as good as Guardians.

Epic is looking really good - it's definitely getting positive buzz.

I'm saddened to hear Rise of the Guardians wasn't a surefire hit - hopefully the DVD & download sales will help push a sequel. (I want to see the Groundhog or Leprechauns!)

I saw Rise of the Guardians right before Christmas and LOVED it. The mixture of the epic and the personal blew me away. I discussed this with a few friends after encouraging them desperately to see the film, and we all agreed the name was a big part of its failure. Most of my friends thought it was "that owl movie" (Guardians of Ga'hoole?), and dismissed it. Even on its own, "Rise of the Guardians" is an example of very dull, intangible words that, even after seeing the movie, doesn't say much at all about the plot.