Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Administrator

Default Amazing Spider-Man #700 To Bring In Two Million Dollars, Avenging Spider-Man #15.1 Not So Much.

I understand that after Final Order Cut Off, the order numbers for Amazing Spider-Man #700 stands at a quarter of a million copies, at $7.99 each. Which works out as two million dollars retail. It used a number of tiered variant covers (including a 1:200 version) but nothing like, say Uncanny Avengers #1 or the deep discounting of... well, also Uncany Avengers #1.

But as we've mentioned before, also shipping on the same day, and the only two Marvel titles available, and a direct sequel to Amazing Spider-Man #700, is Avenging Spider-Man #15.1. I understand orders have been a tiny fraction of the Amazing Spider-Man #700 ones. As a result, demand may well outstrip supply on December 26th.

This feels like one for a future Speculator's Corner, no?

Curious how many will actually sell?
    Marvel: S-man 2099, Rocket Raccoon
    DC: Wonder Woman, Injustice, Detective Comics, Sandman Overture
    Indie: Sonic the Hedgehog, MegaMan, Street Fighter, SkullKickers, Fatale, Elephantmen, Afterlife of Archie, The Wicked+The Divine

VP in Charge of Cool betty boolean's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfist View Post
    Curious how many will actually sell?
    I dunno but I haven't bought Spider-man in over 20 years but i want the one that has that cover
    �Everything in life is just for a while.�
    ― Philip K. Dick, A Scanner Darkly

--------------------------------

Bleeding Cool

For all his shameless shilling, I really hope Rich is earning a cut of the sales.

Quote Originally Posted by Hdefined View Post
    For all his shameless shilling, I really hope Rich is earning a cut of the sales.
    The speculator stuff is the only thing I don't like about this site, to be honest. And I'm not sure why Rich seems to be obsessing over a random, clearly-not-essential "point one" issue of a secondary title unless he's trying to create the demand he keeps speculating on.

Wrote the Book on Cool

Wait, the damn thing's going to be 8 bucks?!?!?!? Make that 249,999 orders...

Wrote the Book on Cool jackolantern's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Birmy View Post
    The speculator stuff is the only thing I don't like about this site, to be honest. And I'm not sure why Rich seems to be obsessing over a random, clearly-not-essential "point one" issue of a secondary title unless he's trying to create the demand he keeps speculating on.
    I'm honestly wondering if I should even bother reading this site any more. Rich does post some genuinely interesting things on a fairly regular basis, but with the sheer amount of frenetic, even slightly desperate hyping of inferior projects (this, Before Watchmen, Crossed, etc.), I'm discouraged from being a regular, so I miss genuinely interesting and important things such as Tony Harris' meltdown.

That's 2 million $ of retailer's budget tied up in stock that maybe won't sell. Well done Marvel.
    Musings and more on Marvel's Bronze Age from 1972 to 1980.

http://mightyworldofbronzeagemarvel.blogspot.com/

VP in Charge of Cool betty boolean's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Terence View Post
    That's 2 million $ of retailer's budget tied up in stock that maybe won't sell. Well done Marvel.
    So dont order it, pass the problem on to other retailers. Do the same with JLA #1 with its 52 variants.
    �Everything in life is just for a while.�
    ― Philip K. Dick, A Scanner Darkly

--------------------------------

I suspect there might be a little bit of short-term, speculator demand for this issue on Ebay, but once Superior Spider-Man's got several underwhelming issues under its belt (and especially when things are eventually back to the status quo), the price will drop as rapidly as the interest in it.