Thread: This Week In Dismembered Body Parts (Spoilers) - Wolverine MAX, Lot 13, Crossed, Bedlam, X-Men: Legacy, American Vampire, Uncanny Avengers, Chew

Administrator

Default This Week In Dismembered Body Parts (Spoilers) - Wolverine MAX, Lot 13, Crossed, Bedlam, X-Men: Legacy, American Vampire, Uncanny Avengers, Chew

I always like to see any prominent themes in a series of unconnected comic books. It's like Ozymandias' wall of screens (which appear quite a lot in this week's Before Watchmen: Ozymandias #4). But what isn't in that comic (this week) is serious dismemberment.

But it seems to be everywhere else.

Wolverine MAX #2 leads the charge, naturally, but not at Wolverine's claws this time. A nice injury-to-eye motif to start us off.

X-Men: Legacy #2 gives us eyes without a body. But where can they be coming from?

Could Lot 13 #2 give us the answer? Of course it's not just eyes. Brains make a strong appearance here with Bedlam #2.

A sentiment possibly shared by Professor X in Uncanny Avengers #2

Hey, what's with all these issue twos anyway? Is it an unwritten law that all issue twos have to feature dismemberment?

American Vampire breaks the cycle, albeit only with a leg bone. That's still dismembered... but what if you want something fresher?

Crossed Badlands #18 breaks that cycle, but then I suppose every issue of Crossed features dismemberment. So what made me pick this particular panel?

Well this cover of Chew felt like a natural segue. But what it leads up to, man, I wasn't expecting this. Not at all. Like I said, John Layman is an arse. And Rob Guillory is his co-collaborator.

And that's not even as bad as what happens next... and in issue 31, apparently.

Why can't we all just stay together?

Comics courtesy of Orbital Comics, London.

Wow I remebmer Laymon saying Chew was supposed to be darker but wow

Quote Originally Posted by Maybeland View Post
    Wow I remebmer Laymon saying Chew was supposed to be darker but wow
    A few pages later it gets worse.

気持ち悪い

Dean of Cool University Captain Comet's Avatar

What, do they cut off her head, too?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Comet View Post
    What, do they cut off her head, too?
    Nope, but [HUGE SPOILER] her torturer breaks her neck in a close-up panel which leaves her rather dead.

気持ち悪い