Thread: Flesk Publications Panel: Mark Schultz's New Xenozoic Tales Will Pick Up Where It Left Off 16 Years Ago

Default Flesk Publications Panel: Mark Schultz's New Xenozoic Tales Will Pick Up Where It Left Off 16 Years Ago

[caption id="attachment_175543" align="aligncenter" width="600" caption="Above, left to right: Mark Schultz, Jim Silke, and John Fleskes"][/caption]

Good news for Xenozoic fans, it seems... Joshua Stone reports from the Flesk Publications panel:

Mark Schultz talked about his next project, which he has been working on for over 5 years, Storm of Seas. It is based on a novella he wrote, and he is using carbon pencil to create the book, and is alternating pages between text and art to tell the story. Mark said when he finishes this book he will next work on a new Xenozoic Tales story that should pick up where the last issues' cliffhanger ended almost 16 years ago.

Wrote the Book on Cool

Best news I've heard so far this Con.

Consultant of Cool

I'm standing up and applauding!

If you said 'Milwaukee', you are CORRECTAMUNDO!

It would be nice to read it but I'm not holding my breath for its publication. Schultz is talented but there are glaciers melting faster than he creates artwork.

I'll believe it when I see it, but dang do I hope to see it.
    Writer of Lightweight. Find out more at Super Powered Fiction and Metahuman Press.

Hey, an official spokesperson for MARK SCHULTZ has posted some explanations on facebook, including the fact that "Mark is at this point undecided about what format the new Xenozoic story will take. He is considering both illustrated prose and comics as options."

Timeline Photos | Facebook

Mark isn't sure what he said at the 2012 SDCC Flesk Publications panel that was misconstrued as him announcing that the Xenozoic story he would be working on next would be a continuation of the storyline he left hanging at the end of Xenozoic Tales #14. The truth is, the Xenozoic story he will be working on after concluding Storms at Sea will be a stand-alone. One of the reasons for that is to create an easy entry point into the Xenozoic world for new readers. More importantly, he is excited about the particular story he has in mind, which will showcase Jack and Hannah's uneasy relationship, as well as giant bees.

If that stand alone story comes out well, then he hopes to get back to that vexing unfinished storyline...

Also, Mark is at this point undecided about what format the new Xenozoic story will take. He is considering both illustrated prose ( as is Storms at Sea) and comics as options. But, at this time, the decision is still up in the air. Did we mention that there would be giant bees?

Please, if you're on facebook, vote for COMICS on the comments!

At least, if you agree with me that he should choose comics...

Default Vote early and often!

We have already 5 unanimous votes for COMICS!

The readers' choice is clear so let's hope that encourages Mr. Schultz to choose comics too.

Timeline Photos | Facebook