Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Monday Trending Topics: I Have An Army. We Have A Hulk.

Default Monday Trending Topics: I Have An Army. We Have A Hulk.

The past 36 hours have been all about that trailer for The Avengers, and in particular, what Loki's Army might be. We have a theory, which is being discussed and dissected far and wide. There is another, less serious theory posted in the picture at right. Let us know what you think in the forum, or how about right here in a poll:

[polldaddy poll="5918036"]

Most-Read TV/Film Stories Today:

Loki?s Army Revealed In Avengers Superbowl Trailer ? And We Know Who They Are. Ish.
    We?ve finally been given a look at Loki?s forces in the new, extended trailer for The Avengers, as premiered online just after a cut-down version graced the Superbowl.
    Avengers Trailer ? Let The Shipping Begin
    Shipping characters into slash fiction has been around for? let?s go with ?a while? shall we.
    The Avengers Superbowl Trailer Is Here ? And It?s Extended
    Here?s the new TV spot for The Avengers as premiered during the Superbowl ? just, longer now. And that?s a good thing.
    Most-Read Comic Stories Today:

?How Come DC Sell More Graphic Novels, But I Always See More Marvel??
    ?Rich, just an observation. You recently reported how DC Comics was outselling Marvel in terms of graphic novels and trade paperbacks in comic stores. Yet in every comic shop I go into, I?m more likely to see Marvel hardcovers on the shelf? What?s going on??
    Thor Vs Glowing Female Genitalia?
    Thank you for all those who wrote to me after seeing the cover to Avengers Vs X-Men #4 as Thor trying to face down Phoenix, as man trying to face his fear of a glowing vagina.
    Swipe File: A Ruse By Any Other Name
    ALL MY ITEMS ARE 100%original period, I guarantee that these are notREPRODUCTIONS, COPIES OR RECENT PRINTS I JUST SELL 100% ORIGINAL ITEMS.

What the hell is a Popupians? Did you just decide to try and find the most obscure Marvel alien race ever? I can only find them mentioned as footnotes in Marvel wiki entries and even then they're listed as background character, not actual fighters or anything.

Anyway, I went with Sons Of Muspell. That write up on Simonson's Thor is fascinating. I'm kicking myself I still haven't read any of his. Also kicking myself I didn't get some trades or comics signed when I saw him at a con years ago. He's just one of the big name creators I have heard great things about, but just never got around to.

Also, while looking up the Msuspellians, I found this awesome graphic.

Last edited by The Xenos; 02-07-2012 at 01:09 AM.

Popupians are Impossible Man's race.

They look like the lava men to me.

Quote Originally Posted by The Xenos View Post
    Anyway, I went with Sons Of Muspell. That write up on Simonson's Thor is fascinating. I'm kicking myself I still haven't read any of his. Also kicking myself I didn't get some trades or comics signed when I saw him at a con years ago. He's just one of the big name creators I have heard great things about, but just never got around to.
    Seriously, do yourself the favor and get the Omnibus! You will not reget it!!

Amazon.com: Thor by Walter Simonson Omnibus (9780785146339): Walter Simonson: Books
    "As THE bona fide forum superstar sensation, I feel I have a responsibility that must never be neglected!" - Dusty

"A forum superstar sensation like Dusty is a true hero in every sense of the word!" - Stan Lee

"Dusty is such a forum superstar sensation that even I should listen and learn from him!" Stephen Hawking

"A forum superstar sensation like Dusty is the stuff dreams are made of!" Oprah Winfrey

I think they're the Klan.

To me, they look like renegade Easter Islanders or from this:

Though I'm sure Mark's theory will be more popupular...

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    They look like the lava men to me.
    That's a point.
    This is another test.

VP in Charge of Cool

The poll doesn't work here in the forums.
    Comix.India : The Independent Indian Comics Anthology : : : Buy Volume One : : Buy Volume Two : : Buy Volume Three

I heart the Lava Men. They would be a great choice.
    Writer of Lightweight. Find out more at Super Powered Fiction and Metahuman Press.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast