Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree211Likes

Thread: Review: All New X-Men 1 by Brian Bendis and Stuart Immonen

Quote Originally Posted by Pop-Tart Samson View Post
    I have to wonder.......who was snapping pics on the moon?
    What, Lilandra's like "Oh snap! Jean's dead and Cyke is crying in a pose that will be mimicked on covers for decades! Gladiator! Grab my camera! It's the 80's so it will be a separate device than my cell phone. What's a cell phone? Just shut up and hand me the Polaroid, nerd. And get a haircut!!" {*click*} "Got it. Righteous. Now to update my Facebook. What? What's a Faceb--JUST SHUT UP AND CAPTURE THE X-MEN you purple fuck!!"
    It's from the portfolio of the much forgotten character "Sureshot," real name Fuji Nikon.
    Whose mutant ability stemmed from his ever present camera around his neck, and resulted in images that captured the actions and emotions of the X-men in their most pivotal moments.
    The character was dumped after it was recognized that Sureshot was a racist caricature, or it may have been that he was finally kicked off the team for taking too many upskirt photos of his teammates.
    Blade X, DrD2010, alekesam and 2 others like this.

VP in Charge of Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Cavemold View Post
    So basically a trade wait book.

Save your money and spend it instead on strippers. It's a better investment!

:
    Cavemold and Pop-Tart Samson like this.

Quote Originally Posted by hellblazer72 View Post
    I'd say its the fault of the writer not the reader. If a first issue doesn't have enough give a reader an indication of what the series is about or if it does nothing and the story doesn't start until the second or third issue then thats bad writing and is the writers fault. The write for the trade attitude is just a way to pad a 2 issue story into 6 issues.
    I agree. It seems (and I'm mind reading/assuming here) that the writer (and his editors) are aiming this book at fans of the writer, who they assume will buy the book because (a) it is written by a popular super star writer and (b) fans will find the first issue so overwhelmingly "interesting" and a "great" read.

VP in Charge of Cool Enigma_2099's Avatar

Good lord.... I do NOT feel like sitting through more Bendis. No using Spider-man for comic relief this time, BMB...
    ~Hah... HAH, I SAY!!! The only way I'll even start to believe any attempt that he makes to pay what he owes is sincere and genuine is if he pawns the damn Porsche and uses that as collateral.

This is like me shooting a baby in the head, and trying to sound all repentative pleading my case, WHILE CHEWING ON IT'S CORPSE.~

My opinion of Pat Lee.

Bleeding Cool

Quote Originally Posted by EmperorCheese View Post
    It's from the portfolio of the much forgotten character "Sureshot," real name Fuji Nikon.
    Whose mutant ability stemmed from his ever present camera around his neck, and resulted in images that captured the actions and emotions of the X-men in their most pivotal moments.
    The character was dumped after it was recognized that Sureshot was a racist caricature, or it may have been that he was finally kicked off the team for taking too many upskirt photos of his teammates.
    LOL!!! Love it. You just know Grant Morrison would run with a character like this.
    alekesam likes this.
    Traveling.

Bleeding Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Star Saber View Post
    I think a closer and more reasonable explanation would be that he never really got rid of the Apocalypse influence after his return during the Search for Cyclops. Now that would be a really close parallel to Hal Jordan's Parallax influence, plus place the start of his "fall" more recently. Placing the start of it right after Jean's death doesn't make that much sense since he was still acting like the same ol' Scott all the way until Jean came back, till they got married etc. Morrison even mentioned the Apocalypse influence early on during his New X-Men run, with Scott still trying to move on from being merged with him, and had intended him to be "free" by the end of his run. With the way Scott's been written, it could easily be said that wasn't the case.
    Well played, man. I like that. It makes closer sense than what I was thinking. I drifted out of X-stuff couple years after Claremont left, so I can't say I'm too versed in the Apocalypse stuff (other than his time as villain in the original 80's X-FACTOR)

Also, agree with everyone else, just some sloppy conceptualization with the image of Jean, having framed photos of events where no one could have taken pictures of them.
    That's JEAN?! I thought it was Kitty Pryde!!
    Traveling.

Bleeding Cool

I thought that was kitty to......

VP in Charge of Cool hellblazer72's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blade X View Post
    I agree. It seems (and I'm mind reading/assuming here) that the writer (and his editors) are aiming this book at fans of the writer, who they assume will buy the book because (a) it is written by a popular super star writer and (b) fans will find the first issue so overwhelmingly "interesting" and a "great" read.
    It's definitely aimed at the reader that thinks pages and pages of talking heads and "witty" banter is great storytelling and that's the only way to have character developement. Unfortunately it's an x-book and has a a-list artist so it will look like ole bendis still sells. And the write for the trade way of writing keeps lumbering on.
    Blade X likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hellblazer72 View Post
    It's definitely aimed at the reader that thinks pages and pages of talking heads and "witty" banter is great storytelling and that's the only way to have character developement. Unfortunately it's an x-book and has a a-list artist so it will look like ole bendis still sells. And the write for the trade way of writing keeps lumbering on.
    Really? Even with Spider-Woman and Moon Knight on his resume, people think that Bendis' presence is responsible for any significant amount of sales?
    Blade X, alekesam and Enkido like this.

Bleeding Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Mike H. View Post
    Really? Even with Spider-Woman and Moon Knight on his resume, people think that Bendis' presence is responsible for any significant amount of sales?
    Hes big name hes been on tv lol.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast