Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Hayley Atwell Apparently Not Coming Back For Captain America 2 (But She Is In The Next Series Of Black Mirror)

Administrator

Default Hayley Atwell Apparently Not Coming Back For Captain America 2 (But She Is In The Next Series Of Black Mirror)

In September, we asked Hayley Atwell if she'd be coming back for the next Captain America filmand reprising the role of... um... I know it's a Carter. I keep getting it confused. Shar... Peggy. Peggy Carter.

She said:
    I can?t say yet because it hasn?t been officially released, and Marvel are very protective of their franchise.
    And we assumed this meant Ms. Atwell couldn't say she will be coming back. Perhaps she meant she couldn't say she won't be coming back.

Time Out (via Hypable) interviewed Atwell towards the end of last year. Here's an excerpt from their piece:
    It was last year?s double-whammy of Golden Globe nomination for miniseries The Pillars of the Earth and blockbuster debut as Chris Evans?s? all-action girlfriend in Captain America: the First Avenger that brought her to international attention. She won?t, she confirms, be back for the latter?s sequel, which moves the action into the present day.
    Actually, as Marvel still hasn't announced anything, I can only assume Atwell has learned of her exclusion since September and sees no reason to not speak.

One gig she has booked - and, I believe, already filmed - is a role in the second series of Charlie Brooker's Twilight Zone-inspiredBlack Mirror.

And, odd footnote, Jessica Brown Findlay both appeared in the first series of Black Mirror and is said to be a frontrunner for the role of Peg... Sharon Carter in Cap 2.

Wrote the Book on Cool Revolutionary Cyke's Avatar

Well, since the character doesn't have a healing factor nor was stuck on ice for decades, her not returning was a matter of logic, wasn't it?

Although I wouldn't mind seeing more of her and her boo... huh, I mean, acting talent.
    _OM_, DarthEwok and Matt Krotzer like this.
    To be or not to be. That's not really a question.
    Jean-Luc Godard

ME!
    Consultant of Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary Cyke View Post
    Well, since the character doesn't have a healing factor nor was stuck on ice for decades, her not returning was a matter of logic, wasn't it?
    Not necessarily. They could have had the same actress playing Peggy as Sharon, but that would have been hokey. They also could have had a flashback or two to WWII, especially based on the title of the movie (i.e. what really happened to Bucky), but that probably would have been a minor part.

Wrote the Book on Cool Bishop37's Avatar

It's Marvel's loss. She was great in the first film.
    "There are those who believe life here began out there, far across the universe..."

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by ME! View Post
    Not necessarily. They could have had the same actress playing Peggy as Sharon, but that would have been hokey. They also could have had a flashback or two to WWII, especially based on the title of the movie (i.e. what really happened to Bucky), but that probably would have been a minor part.
    There's going to be some WWII era stuff. Not much, but some.

Exceedingly Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop37 View Post
    It's Marvel's loss. She was great in the first film.
    Indeed she was. Still, given she basically looks like the real-life version of a Sean Phillips character, I'm hoping she'll be first choice for a FATALE adaptation.
    not him - HIM and mfolwell like this.

Wrote the Book on Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketpilot View Post
    Indeed she was. Still, given she basically looks like the real-life version of a Sean Phillips character, I'm hoping she'll be first choice for a FATALE adaptation.
    It never occurred to me before, but damn if she isn't spot on for Jo, or Zoe Zeppelin, or Greta Watson, or Miss Misery, or...
    not him - HIM likes this.

The way I recall it, Sharon's resemblance to Peggy was what first caught Steve's eye. Either way, latching into the Carter descendants is still kinda creepy. (Did anyone catch Atwell in 'Restless'? She played a WWII spy there as well.)

Dean of Cool University Captain Comet's Avatar

If they cant bring Atwell back can they at least bring back her bust?

CA's loss is Black Mirror's gain. And personally speaking, I'm far more likely to watch Black Mirror anyway.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast