Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Bulky New Looks For All New X-Men, Justice League Dark And Ultimate Spider-Man (SPOILERS)

Administrator

Default Big Bulky New Looks For All New X-Men, Justice League Dark And Ultimate Spider-Man (SPOILERS)

Today three classic characters get new looks. One or two may be more permanent than the others, but all refer back to the past, or an old continuity, with a certain twist...

Firstly, the Beast in All-New X-Men. After undergoing both mental and physical gymnastics, he emerges looking... well, less feline and more ape like, but definitely different to his previous looks. And rather reflective of his own nostalgic state in the book...

While in Justice League Dark, Black Orchid undergoes a similar transformation to become something bulkier and closer to another creature more associated with The Green and John Constantine.

And in Ultinate Spider-Man, an old favourite returns to haunt Miles Morales, with a bulkier look than ever...

When I was a kid, my favourite Star Wars toy that I bought with my own money was a Gamoran Guard. Because you got more for your money. Only fools paid the same for a Jawa. But then we entered a "Less Is More" phase and that kind of decision making was frowned upon.

Apparently "More Is More" again. Good.

Comics courtesy of Orbital Comics, London. Currently enjoying a half price sale!

Don't like Hank's new look, hopefully it won't last long.
    The Comics Ticker- my new comics blog

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y185/mattspatola/venger-web-sig22222.jpg

Follow me on: Twitter l Facebook l Email me l The Venger Blog

Damn it Hank, and I thought evolution wasn't kind to my best friends face!

Beast needs more head hair to frame his face
    Marvel: S-man 2099, Rocket Raccoon
    DC: Wonder Woman, Injustice, Detective Comics, Sandman Overture
    Indie: Sonic the Hedgehog, MegaMan, Street Fighter, SkullKickers, Fatale, Elephantmen, Afterlife of Archie, The Wicked+The Divine

Is Venom still Eddie Brock in Ultimate Spider-Man or did they kill him off?

Wrote the Book on Cool 0bsessions's Avatar

Maybe it's just me, but this new Beast to me seems like it's basically just ape Beast without the Wolverine hairdo (Yes, yes, I know Beast had it first, but it's associated with Wolverine most commonly).

All told, it's a development (Regression?) I'm for. I always hated cat beast and a move back towards his classic look (Maybe they'll grow back out the old hair, maybe they'll leave it out to avoid confusion as I remember being confused by the two as a kid) is great to me.

ETA: I mean, look at the feet. That's ape Beast. All glory to the miraculous return of ape Beast (Because cat Beast never made even the slightest bit of sense)!
    Last edited by 0bsessions; 01-02-2013 at 07:38 AM.

Looks like a blue version of Brute from Mutant X (awesome book - get it collected, Wacker!)

Quote Originally Posted by 0bsessions View Post
    Maybe it's just me, but this new Beast to me seems like it's basically just ape Beast without the Wolverine hairdo (Yes, yes, I know Beast had it first, but it's associated with Wolverine most commonly).

All told, it's a development (Regression?) I'm for. I always hated cat beast and a move back towards his classic look (Maybe they'll grow back out the old hair, maybe they'll leave it out to avoid confusion as I remember being confused by the two as a kid) is great to me.

ETA: I mean, look at the feet. That's ape Beast. All glory to the miraculous return of ape Beast (Because cat Beast never made even the slightest bit of sense)!
    I always thought they should change his Wolverinesque hair, just too samey (regardless of coming first)
    Warning, the above post may contain traces of sarcasm, or have been written in an environment where it may have come into contact with sarcasm.

My name is Steven Tudor, nice to meet you.

Bring back signatures!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by toodoor View Post
    I always thought they should change his Wolverinesque hair, just too samey (regardless of coming first)
    Same here, but now that I'm seeing it? I've changed my mind. The hair was just such a definitive part of his design to the point that we've got Rich up there saying it's different from his previous looks despite the fact it honestly is the exact same thing as the ape look minus the hair.

Honestly, we're at a point with Wolverine that his hair's been done differently enough (Since the nineties, a lot of people have just gone with a medium length hair design and very few artists actually use the pointed hair anymore) that it'd be easier to remove it from his design entirely than Beast.

Poor Hank - he's always getting the shaft from his fellow X-Men, creators and 'fans' (like toodoor & Obsessions ).
    He's possibly the smartest X-Man but is always relegated to the sidelines because Chuck, Scott & Logan are being dicks.

He was awesome (and fun!) in the Avengers. He needs to flip Graymalkin Lane the bird and have the USPS permanently forward his mail to the Avengers Mansion.

Quote Originally Posted by StarCruncher View Post
    Poor Hank - he's always getting the shaft from his fellow X-Men, creators and 'fans' (like toodoor & Obsessions ).
    He's possibly the smartest X-Man but is always relegated to the sidelines because Chuck, Scott & Logan are being dicks.

He was awesome (and fun!) in the Avengers. He needs to flip Graymalkin Lane the bird and have the USPS permanently forward his mail to the Avengers Mansion.
    Hey now, I just argued that Beast should get to keep the do. Wolverine can go fly a kit for all I care (And I actually am a Wolverine fan). The pointy hair stopped being a defining characteristic of his years ago and I still get a happy feeling whenever a penciler screws up and has Beast with it these days. I've always actually been very partial to Hank (Especially from Kelly's run, loved his take on Beast).

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast