Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is That An All New Look For The Beast? (Potential All New X-Men Spoilers)

Administrator

Default Is That An All New Look For The Beast? (Potential All New X-Men Spoilers)

In the curent All New X-Men comic, we have a very poorly Beast. And a Beast from the past trying to help cure him.

Does he succeed?

In this preview of All New X-Men #6 posted by iFanboy, we see the X-Men in the school dining room.

The table nearest us has the pupils of the Jean Grey School For Higher Learning. The other table has the earlier version of Iceman and The Beast sitting on it... with someone inbetween them. Blue and furry. But with a very different look. A new character? Or a new Beast, talking to his younger self?

Does anyone recognise those leggings?

Consultant of Cool

The earlier version of iceman is sitting across from the current iceman and they seem to be collaborating on an icecastle sculpture, so I would say that yes that is both Beasts sitting next to them talking.

Wrote the Book on Cool Somebody's Avatar

Why is Old Iceman staying icy even in that situation? Did he get stuck in ice-mode again at some point when I wasn't looking?

Dean of Cool University Victorian Squid's Avatar

Reminds me of The Brute. That '70s alternate version of Reed Richards always creeped me out for the same reason that ASM 700 creeped me out, because even as a kid I was worried he was going to try and abuse Sue Richards somehow.

Wrote the Book on Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
    Why is Old Iceman staying icy even in that situation? Did he get stuck in ice-mode again at some point when I wasn't looking?
    I can only assume its for artistic reasons like to tell them apart. Though this odd looking ice giant look if you will is rather well ugly. Rather liked it when Bobby looked like a ice sculpture of himself. Heck I liked it for a little while when he realized his powers went way beyond creating ice sleds and body armor but alas they depowered or just forgot.

As to Beast is it me or does he/it look more like a blue ape now rather than a blue cat?

Cool

**SPOILER**

It is the current incarnation of Hank "Beast" McCoy after the events of All New X-Men #5.

Bleeding Cool

Hopefully he will go back to his old blue-furry look rather than the poor-man's Beauty-and-the-Beast catman look. That look has ALWAYS sucked. I don't need Tony the Tiger fighting with the X-Men...
    Traveling.

Quote Originally Posted by Pop-Tart Samson View Post
    Hopefully he will go back to his old blue-furry look rather than the poor-man's Beauty-and-the-Beast catman look. That look has ALWAYS sucked. I don't need Tony the Tiger fighting with the X-Men...
    This.
    Plus a team-up story with Wonder Man, just for funsies.

Bleeding Cool

Quote Originally Posted by StarCruncher View Post
    This.
    Plus a team-up story with Wonder Man, just for funsies.
    Okay, now I'm completely in love with you.
    Traveling.

VP in Charge of Cool Devil Dinosaur's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pop-Tart Samson View Post
    So you liked him better when he looked like a blue Wolverine. I'm thinking this is nostalgia talking.

EDIT: It has been brought to my attention that Beast looked like Wolverine before Wolverine. That's something I never noticed, and somewhat blew my mind. Did Cockrum rip off whoever designed hairy Beast (probably Romita)? When did Timber Wolf begin sporting that hair style? There are so many questions, that I'm definitely a dork.

I still prefer Jean Cocteau Beast, though.
    Last edited by Devil Dinosaur; 12-30-2012 at 12:59 PM.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast