Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Big Question.... If Romney Wins, Does He Get On The Cover Of Amazing Spider-Man?

@SW- thanks for the fast response, ducky
    Did you guys do anything special when they did that? Party/call the parents/whatnot?
    Ingredients: Spite, Vitriol, Lycanthropy,Mt.dew, Soylent Green, Books,Knitting, Books, Books, Arsenic, Doom, Books, Lead, OMGKITTIES, Peer-Reviewed Journals, Natural Flavor, Artificial Coloring.

Warnings: Keep out of reach of Children.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Wacker View Post
    If he came out as a Spidey fan.

I was dying for McCain to show some Spidey love, but he chose wrong.

As it was, we soon did a Spidey/Cap story with a prominent Republican....probably the MOST prominent. That comic was featured in the Smithsonian.

SW
    I would love to see some of marvels employees faces if you guys did end up doing a Mitt Romney cover.
    Now wheres my Scarlet Spider preview !

Romney will only appear on the cover of a Spider-man comic if he can appeal to the 18-30 male demographic to which Marvel appeals. Grabbing that demo is the whole reason Disney bought Marvel. So if Romney can prove his value to that demo the way Obama has, only then can he get on a cover. It's just free market economics! Ya know, that thing that Mitt is oh so fond of!

Consultant of Cool

Quote Originally Posted by brian-cs View Post
    Fixed that for you.
    Oh BS, have you gone to each shop asking which candidate each customer was going to vote for? If not you don't know what the hell you are talking about.
    Cyclops Lives!
    The Red Hood Lives!

Wrote the Book on Cool brian-cs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Allen T View Post
    Oh BS, have you gone to each shop asking which candidate each customer was going to vote for? If not you don't know what the hell you are talking about.
    I know that more people have bought the Obama Spider-Man cover than a McCain Spider-Man cover. I know that because there wasn't one. I know there isn't going to be a Romney Spider-Man cover for anyone to buy unless Romney name drops Spider-Man as a fan. And maybe not even then depending on Tuesday. I've been paying attention. Hope this helps!

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Wacker View Post
    You are -as usual -wrong.
    As usual, you post more BS spin.

The Obama thing happened because he gave an interview to a British paper saying he was a big Spidey (and Conan) fan and had quoted the character more than once. All candidates should do the same.
    The RZA (hell, the whole damn Wu Tang Clan),DMC,and Clarence Thomas (who has a complete collection of RAWHIDE KID comics) are huge Marvel Comics fans (and huge comic fans in general), and I don't see you featuring them on the covers of your comics or as guest stars.

(Really you are a joke at this point. It's probably kinda smart that you're afraid to post this nonsense under your real name.)

SW
    If I was really a joke you wouldn't bother responding to my posts and trying to explain your reasons for having Obama appear in ASM.

Bleeding Cool

Quote Originally Posted by brian-cs View Post
    I know that more people have bought the Obama Spider-Man cover than a McCain Spider-Man cover. I know that because there wasn't one. I know there isn't going to be a Romney Spider-Man cover for anyone to buy unless Romney name drops Spider-Man as a fan. And maybe not even then depending on Tuesday. I've been paying attention. Hope this helps!
    So, out of curiosity, what does any of that have to do with your claim that most comic buyers are liberal Democrats?

Exceedingly Cool

Both Wacker and politics. This is going to reach at least 50 pages, isn't it?

Consultant of Cool

How does that prove your point? You "fixed" the post to state that the majority of comic fans are liberal, which you have absolutely no proof of that being true. That is what I pointing out.
    Cyclops Lives!
    The Red Hood Lives!

VP in Charge of Cool Darin Wagner's Avatar

It's not likely that a President Romney would ever appear on the cover of any Marvel comic. It just isn't in Marvel's DNA, as they are currently run. They're not going to give Romney the honor. What you MIGHT get, no doubt from the likes of a Fred Van Lente or a Peter David, is a story appearance by a character called "President Romney" who will be everything the Left thinks he actually is, but will not fundamentally match reality. Erik Larsen might put a President Romney on the cover of Savage Dragon, though. (He was the first guy to put Obama on the cover of a superhero comic, if you'll recall.)
    Last edited by Darin Wagner; 11-04-2012 at 12:50 AM.
    Darin Wagner
    Wisconsin, USA

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast