Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Marvel NOW!: How Will Jean Grey Appear In Bendis' All New X-Men In November?

Administrator

Default Marvel NOW!: How Will Jean Grey Appear In Bendis' All New X-Men In November?

You know how, back in February, when Bleeding Cool first reported that Brian Bendis would be writing the X-Men, he said that it would be so much more than that?

Well here's where that second shoe drops, and how Jean Grey returns to the Marvel Universe. And not as the Age Of Apocalypse dimensional alternative as some have posited.

The Comic Con edition of Entertainment Weekly reports on Bendis' new X-Men title for the Marvel NOW! Relaunch
    ALL NEW X-MEN: Brian Bendis takes on the most eccenctric and controversy-baiting Marvel NOW! book. The pitch: The original five teenage X-Men time-travel to the present day. "Here's the big question that the original X-Men are gonna be faced with: 'We're gonna grow up and this is what we're going to to get? That is not acceptable." NOV. 2012
    Bleeding Cool previously reported that the book would be bi-weekly, with an initial six issue arc by Stuart Immonen. Other artoists mentioned in relation to this book include Brandon Peterson and Leinil Yu.

And it looks as if Marvel Girl will also be appearing in Uncanny Avengers during her trip here...

Catch up on all of our Marvel NOW! coverage right here.

Yep, whoever said it, that does sound exactly like New Mutants: Truth or Death.

Consultant of Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Johnston View Post
    ALL NEW X-MEN: Brian Bendis takes on the most eccenctric and controversy-baiting Marvel NOW! book. The pitch: The original five teenage X-Men time-travel to the present day. "Here's the big question that the original X-Men are gonna be faced with: 'We're gonna grow up and this is what we're going to to get? That is not acceptable."
    So XvX then...?

And it looks as if Marvel Girl will also be appearing in Uncanny Avengers during her trip here...
    It looks more like that image is just a line-wide promo piece for the Marvel NOW! initiative.

Account Closed

Just wait til they find out about Chuck Austen...

Zen Master of Cool NielsVanEekelen's Avatar

I try to do my best to put a little bit of insight or reasoned argument into my posts, but I'm not getting any further than, "Man, do I hate this idea" on this one.

Sorry Immonen, not even for your art.
    FULCRUM: An ongoing fantasy saga by Niels van Eekelen, out now on Kindle and Smashwords in all e-book formats, or start reading for FREE on TelltaleProductions.nl

I hope Cyclops sends a kill squad to assassinate them and the adult versions disappear too after they die.

VP in Charge of Cool

Sort of odd to think that they will be time-travelling from that far-away time period of 2000? 1998?

Quote Originally Posted by Charlesknight View Post
    Sort of odd to think that they will be time-travelling from that far-away time period of 2000? 1998?
    It'll be like that South Park episode where they unfreeze the guy from 1996.

Since so many people seem to hate the current xbooks and the way Cyclops is written, if they were posting fair mindedly, not just reactionaries that hate everything sight unseen, they should at least like the premise...
    Warning, the above post may contain traces of sarcasm, or have been written in an environment where it may have come into contact with sarcasm.

My name is Steven Tudor, nice to meet you.

Bring back signatures!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by toodoor View Post
    Since so many people seem to hate the current xbooks and the way Cyclops is written, if they were posting fair mindedly, not just reactionaries that hate everything sight unseen, they should at least like the premise...
    I like current Cyclops!

Though I don't buy the books and rarely even read them, so my opinion is virtually worthless to Marvel.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast