Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Walking Dead "Image First" Comic Heads Towards $100

Administrator

Default Walking Dead "Image First" Comic Heads Towards $100

Image Comics have produced a number of reprints of the first issue of their ongoing series, priced at one dollar, called Image Firsts. They've just put another batch out recently.

But one of them, it seems, is no longer a dollar. The Image First version of The Walking Dead #1 is on eBay over $90 with hours to go...

RKB
    Way Cool

They do realize it's not the first first issue, right? I'm going to be selling a run of #7-37 soon, so I hope the hype keeps hyping. Some of the other image firsts seem hard to find as well, second printing maybe???

Exceedingly Cool

You can put anything for any kind of price on Ebay. Doesn't mean that it will sell. I've seen regular books put up for ridonkulous prices, while at the same time seeing the same item for cover price or less in other listings.

Wrote the Book on Cool

Senseless.

Zen Master of Cool

Quote Originally Posted by GLuke View Post
    You can put anything for any kind of price on Ebay. Doesn't mean that it will sell. I've seen regular books put up for ridonkulous prices, while at the same time seeing the same item for cover price or less in other listings.
    Yes, but in this case there are 8 bids. And starting price was $0.99

Consultant of Cool

Well damn, I've got three of those. Bought a couple extra to give to people, never got around to it. I've got every issue from #5 on...been thinking about selling some of them and replacing with trades. Haven't been able to bring myself to do it yet.

Are we talking about the reprint that just came out last week?

For some reason I'm thinking this isn't the first time Walking Dead #1 was reprinted in "floppy" format, but I could be mistaken.
    When things are going bad I try to rationalize them by thinking Oh well, whatll it matter in a hundred years. In a hundred years maybe it wont matter, but the trouble is that in the next few hours or days or weeks it matters a lot.
    - Harvey Pekar, Ill Be Forty-Three on Friday (How Im Living Now), American Splendor #8, 1983.

Looks like someone is either uninformed or shill bidding for that!

For those that care about this sort of thing, there are four? diffferent versions of that Image Firsts Walking Dead #1.

"the first three printings out so far have these backs: FCBD, Image Firsts and AMC promo for the TV show " and the newest printing

Image Firsts - Collectors Society Message Boards
    Last edited by JeffBohn; 12-17-2012 at 04:25 PM.

Sucker born every minute...

Exceedingly Cool

What a shitty thing to do. Obviously the seller described the comic with misleading language to take advantage of gullible buyers.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast