Page 51 of 52 FirstFirst ... 4149505152 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Shocker Toys / GBJR Toys / Geoff Beckett

Way Cool

Big Bad Toy Store just cancelled all the Shocker Toys preorders.

Consultant of Cool

So what's up with the thread lock and post deletion at Fwoosh? Geoff go on a fake lawsuit and phone call tantrum again?

Exceedingly Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Wedge View Post
    So what's up with the thread lock and post deletion at Fwoosh? Geoff go on a fake lawsuit and phone call tantrum again?
    It was archived. Here are links to the original thread and v2:
    The Fwoosh • View topic - Indie Spotlight at retail
    The Fwoosh • View topic - Indie Spotlight at retail v2

Geoff Beckett / Shocker Toys / GBJR Toys lost the license to make Jack Staff toys, apparently, years ago:
    https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...d=222580785952

So why is he now "selling" an unpainted Jack Staff figure on his Gofundme fake charity page?:
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...3970916&type=1

Anyone have Paul Grist's contact information and could maybe let him know?
    Last edited by domu; 01-20-2013 at 01:50 PM.

Exceedingly Cool

Astro-zombies was the store that, along with Paul Nicholasi/Nomad, paid to have the Tick figures made.
    They don't seem too happy with Geoff Beckett / GBJR Toys / Shocker Toys:
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Gbjr-...58197374271073

Geoff is only getting worse. He's moving beyond scamming customers out of their relatively small amounts of money. He's even gone beyond stealing one or two thousand dollars from the people he hires to do all the real work for him. Geoff is now stealing large amounts of money, many thousands of dollars , from guys like Astro Zombies, Paul Nomad, and the ignorant suckers on his fake charity page.

EDIT:
    More from Nicholasi and Astro-Zombies:
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Gbjr-...58197374271073
    Paul Nicholasi posted toGbjr toys shocker scam
    December 18, 2012 at 12:56pm

In case you missed this post I made during the beginning of the month: Here's the email you get what you try and get Geoff Beckett to explain why he has missed his payment period on a sizable debt...again..and suggest if he isn't going to live up to his obligations, you'll just turn the debt over to people who collect for a living - "Paul again don't fucking threaten me you don't scare me and you certainly don't know me. As I said I'll pay you again when the holiday is over that is that take it or leave it. Also your lady email was in my spam box which is why I didn't see it stop labeling them with snarky bullshit so they make it to my inbox thanks." Always a class act.
    Astro-Zombies He made a lot of threats against me too when I did the Tick figure with him. Everything was a lie and once he threatened to "kick my ass" I showed up at a convention in NJ that threat ended quickly. I would NEVER do business with him again. He sold my exclusive figure to people before he even shipped them to me then claimed he didn't get enough to fulfill my initial order.
    Yesterday at 9:33am
    Last edited by domu; 01-20-2013 at 03:31 PM.

Exceedingly Cool

Exceedingly Cool

A nice update of recent Shocker Toys/ Gbjr Toys going-ons (scroll down):
    NEWS Round-up | Week of February 8, 2013 The Comixverse
    which links here:
    https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...d=222580785952
    which includes yet another example of someone not being able to get a refund from Geoff.
    This is followed by big Geoff Beckett fan, Jesse Congdon, proclaiming that he will purchase the Jack Staff blank figure when/if it is released.
    On the Jack Staff facebook page.
    Right after it is explained that Geoff doesn't have the right to make the figure.
    Stay classy, Shocker fans!
    Last edited by domu; 02-14-2013 at 07:12 PM.

Exceedingly Cool

Paul Nicholasi still seems to regret going into business with Geoff:
    https://www.facebook.com/paulnomad/p...51289132051860
    Paul Nicholasi
    Wednesday at 3:04pm via Twitter
    Need to start making "Toy Fair Kicked My Ass" T shirts to sell outside the show when it ends. Either that or "Geoff Beckett Owes Me Money"
    Paul Nicholasi
    And like clock work Geoff pops up to tell me I have volated a confidentiality agreement that never happened and he is stopping payments. Every Damn Month.
    Thursday at 6:45am
    https://www.facebook.com/paulnomad#!...51292798216860
    Paul Nicholasi
    10 hours ago via Twitter
    I need a do-over on today. More sleep..less people fucking with my business..definitely less Geoff Beckett trying to get out of paying me
    Last edited by domu; 02-16-2013 at 01:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Static-Pulse View Post
    They should rename this site: Bleeding Olney.

Mark, Rich, could we get a "Fucktards in comics" sub-forum here, as a place to discuss and watchlist people artists and fans should avoid? Seems like a service the comics community both lacks and otherwise lacks the technical chops to setup themselves.
    ...The latter I second, and if Rich won't set it up, Mark could probably be convinced to do so. As for the former, since Olney is now worm food, I wouldn't want the scumbag immortalized by renaming the site after him, joke or not.

Quote Originally Posted by domu View Post
    This is followed by big Geoff Beckett fan, Jesse Congdon, proclaiming that he will purchase the Jack Staff blank figure when/if it is released.!
    ...Wasn't Congdon/Condom revealed to be one of Geoff's sock puppets a while back?

Exceedingly Cool

Geoff is online begging again on Kickstarter to try to sell off his old stock of Shockini figures or something.
    Apparently, he even has to steal pics of his own product.
    The DIY customizable mini block figures called Shockinis by GBJR Toys Updates — Kickstarter
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 51 of 52 FirstFirst ... 4149505152 LastLast