Thread: Brett Ratner And The Rock Turning Thracian Wars Comics Into Hercules Movie For 2014 Release

Administrator

Default Brett Ratner And The Rock Turning Thracian Wars Comics Into Hercules Movie For 2014 Release

Paramount and MGM have scheduled their upcoming Hercules for August 8th, 2014.

A little early for Awards season madness but nonetheless, Brett Ratneris going to direct Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson in the title role. TheAcademy remembered Silence of the Lambs all the way from Spring, sonothing is impossible, eh?

The film has been adapted from Steve Moore and Admira Wijaya'sThracian Wars comics by Ryan Conda and Winnie The Pooh's EvanSpiliotopoulos. Those comic books grounded the story in a more rationalworld than is usual with retellings of mythology - indeed, I believe Iwas told that nothing supernatural happens in the comics at all.

Let's see if the Ratner crew keep it that way.

Zen Master of Cool

I used to work at Radical. Dave Elliott totally got screwed on the movie deal. He put the whole project together and brought in Steve Moore and Jim Steranko on this. He should have gotten a producer credit, since he also edited the whole series and came up with the idea. Not looking forward to this potential crapfest.

Now ask me how I really feel

Wrote the Book on Cool

Bummed Dwayne Johnson is the lead

Consultant of Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Brendon Connelly;488575A little early for Awards season madness but nonetheless, [B
    Brett Ratner[/B]is going to direct Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson in the title role. TheAcademy remembered Silence of the Lambs all the way from Spring, sonothing is impossible, eh?
    That's cruel, Brendon.

As for Ratner, I kind of enjoyed After the Sunset. A little. Mostly for Salma Hayek, but still. Surely he must be capable of making a good movie? The studios keep giving him work...

Admittedly I don't know the source material, but knowing what I know of Greece and the surrounding areas around that time period (mostly from Starz' Spartacus series, I admit)... is it a safe assumption that with Brett Ratner at the helm, there won't be any homosexuality going on? At the very least, we know there won't be any rehearsals...