Thread: First Holy-Moly Image Of Michael Fassbender As Frank Sidebottom. Sort Of

Administrator

Default First Holy-Moly Image Of Michael Fassbender As Frank Sidebottom. Sort Of

The character of Frank in Frank is based on Frank Sidebottom but not only Frank Sidebottom. His head, as you'll see in this image, is pure Sidebottom.

That's Michael Fassbender there, flanked by Maggie Gyllenhaal and Domnhall Gleeson. I could tell you what they're doing but then Jon Ronson would have to kill me. It's probably safe to say that this Frank is quite like the last Judge Dredd movie, however, in terms of how often you'll see Fassbender's face.

Frank is being directed by Lenny Abrahamson. His film What Richard Did is released in the UK this Friday - tomorrow! It's superb. Watch it.

And if you need some sort of background on Frank Sidebottom, I tried to help a little in a previous story. You know I did, I really did.

I went to the previous story link in your story and watched part of the video you embedded. It might actually be the most frightening video I've ever seen.

Why the heck does the face look so different?!
    They only needed to watch that clip to copy the paint job. Look at the eyes!

Wrote the Book on Cool

I read the article. I read the article linked to it. I watched the video. I'm confused. I feel like someone just pulled a practical joke on me but I still haven't got it. Someone help.

Quote Originally Posted by dzgreene View Post
    Why the heck does the face look so different?!
    They only needed to watch that clip to copy the paint job. Look at the eyes!
    I think that's because he isn't meant to Frank Sidebottom per se, he's just meant to be someone like him, but crossed with a few other 'outsider' musicians.

Now, when are we gonna see the Hasil Adkins story?
    Last edited by not him - HIM; 01-10-2013 at 09:21 AM.

Zen Master of Cool Death's Head's Avatar

Amazing scenes.
    SMITH
    Portfolio | Blog | Freelance Agent Brompton Rhodes - a comic strip so controversial you'll crap Shreddies.

Exceedingly Cool

This a truly bizarre idea, but a truly wonderful one. It still feels like a dream that such a large star of film is doing a Sidebottom-ish film. Can't wait!