Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By atrocitus

Thread: First Look At The Hunger Games: Catching Fire - Finnick And Katniss Are Tooled Up - UPDATE With 2nd Image

Administrator

Default First Look At The Hunger Games: Catching Fire - Finnick And Katniss Are Tooled Up - UPDATE With 2nd Image

I think The Hunger Games was, when all is said and done, my favourite film of 2012. I'm not expecting a repeat from Catching Fire, really, because Francis Lawrence isn't as exciting a director as Gary Ross.

On the other hand, the script was co-written by Michael Arndt, the book was good and the cast are great... I'm still looking forward to it.

Thanks to Entertainment Weekly for the image. There's going to be more in their new print issue, and I'm sure we'll be seeing that arrive online soon.

UPDATE: What was that I was saying about more?

It's been a while, but I thought Finnick was supposed to be late 20's/early 30's? He looks like he's a year or two older than Katniss.

Wrote the Book on Cool

Quote Originally Posted by StarCruncher View Post
    It's been a while, but I thought Finnick was supposed to be late 20's/early 30's? He looks like he's a year or two older than Katniss.
    He is also supposed to look like a cross between ryan gosling and matthew mcconaughey. Over here, he just looks sad.
    Ben Trigg likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by StarCruncher View Post
    I was going to post the same thing. He should be older.

Zen Master of Cool

Clafin is 26. His age is fine for Finnick, though he does look young. The problem is that Jennifer Lawrence is 22 playing 17, I guess. Or probably more that she's always looked a bit older than her actual age. You combine the two and it doesn't seem right, but hopefully Clafin pulls it off. Not sure he'll be able to, but that's a different question.

OK, going off on a tangent here, but talking of 2012 favourites, I've missed not having an "X Films You Shouldn't Have Missed" this year. I really enjoyed the past two and found them a trove of suggestions I wouldn't otherwise have come across.

Banned

Aquaman's in the second movie??

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEwok View Post
    Aquaman's in the second movie??
    He comes from a fishing district. I guess he's kind of like Aquaman without any powers.

In the books he's half-naked the whole time though.

Wrote the Book on Cool Revolutionary Cyke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kalicki View Post
    He comes from a fishing district. I guess he's kind of like Aquaman without any powers.

In the books he's half-naked the whole time though.
    So, he's more like Namor then? Katniss is brown-haired Sue? "May the odds be ever in your favor, or I'll invade your land and kill all your surface-dwellers!"
    To be or not to be. That's not really a question.
    Jean-Luc Godard