Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Playboy's Crystal McCahill Shares Her Pics From The Set Of Sin City 2 - UPDATED

Administrator

Default Playboy's Crystal McCahill Shares Her Pics From The Set Of Sin City 2 - UPDATED

If you know the various denizens of Frank Miller's Sin City upside down and inside out then maybe you'll be able to recognise who Crystal McCahill is playing in Robert Rodriguez' upcoming film version of A Dame to Kill For.

The sometime Playboy Playmate - a second generation Playmate of the Month, in fact, following in the footsteps of her mother - tweeted the following images and messages throughout December.

She started off by being a bit coy...
    What a fun day shooting! Can't wait to say what it was for! But I have too.
    But this didn't last too long.
    Getting hair and make up done for my part with Micky Rourke in Sin City 2. fb.me/BGcIpM6J

— Crystal McCahill (@Crystalmccahil) December 10, 2012
    Looking at these images, I'd guess she's not playing Ava Lord but one of the prostitutes in Old Town.

...though, having said that, she did appear to have her own trailer so it might be a fairly sizeable role. I'd need a Sin City expert to tell me what it could be, mind.

I'd like to think Robert Rodriguez is operating outside of the system and far enough away from the norms that standard Hollywood practice need not apply but the way this would normally go down would end up with a 'name' star in the role of Lord and a handful of glamour models standing around saying and doing not much of any specific character as the backround hookers.

Mind you, in the case of Sin City, the film is likely reflexive enough to at least partly mitigate such choices.

Wrote the Book on Cool DarkKnightJared's Avatar

Uh...where are the pictures?

Bleeding Cool

Quote Originally Posted by DarkKnightJared View Post
    Uh...where are the pictures?
    It's a fair point, Jared, but some of us have heart conditions.

Would Rich want that on his conscience, along with everything else?

Wrote the Book on Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Brendon Connelly View Post
    If you know the various denizens of Frank Miller's Sin City upside down and inside out then maybe you'll be able to recognise who Crystal McCahill is playing in Robert Rodriguez' upcoming film version of A Dame to Kill For.[/INDENT]
    It's Frank Miller, so I'm going to guess she's playing a whore.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by majorjoe23 View Post
    It's Frank Miller, so I'm going to guess she's playing a whore.
    It's Frank Miller, so I'm guessing she'll be playing a female that is more interesting and complex than 98% of the females in all of comic books

Zen Master of Cool

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEwok View Post
    It's Frank Miller, so I'm guessing she'll be playing a female that is more interesting and complex than 98% of the females in all of comic books
    I can't say there's that much that's complex about Sin City. Or most of Miller's work since about the mid 90s. That said, A Dame to Kill For was easily my favorite Sin City story. It might be the only one I really like.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Chris View Post
    I can't say there's that much that's complex about Sin City. Or most of Miller's work since about the mid 90s. That said, A Dame to Kill For was easily my favorite Sin City story. It might be the only one I really like.
    Try Family Values. Topical without being ham-fisted. Very, very hard to pull off in comics

And Miller injects more human truths in his writing (the drunk guy in the bar, sitting in the corner saying to himself, "I used to be a big deal!") than most comic book writers are even capable of

Zen Master of Cool

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEwok View Post
    Try Family Values. Topical without being ham-fisted. Very, very hard to pull off in comics

And Miller injects more human truths in his writing (the drunk guy in the bar, sitting in the corner saying to himself, "I used to be a big deal!") than most comic book writers are even capable of

I can't remember if I read Family Values or not. I read most of his Sin City stuff, though, because I used to be a big Miller fan, but I might have skipped over that one, because it's the only one I can't remember reading right now. Still love his Daredevil and early Batman stuff as well as things like Give Me Liberty. But I do think the last thing I really liked from him was A Dame to Kill For

Bleeding Cool

Not bad....................

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Chris View Post
    I can't remember if I read Family Values or not. I read most of his Sin City stuff, though, because I used to be a big Miller fan, but I might have skipped over that one, because it's the only one I can't remember reading right now. Still love his Daredevil and early Batman stuff as well as things like Give Me Liberty. But I do think the last thing I really liked from him was A Dame to Kill For
    I agree that A Dame to Kill For is the best Sin City story

Hard Boiled is a fun romp if you haven't read it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast