Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Top Ten Most Pirated TV Shows Of 2012 - UPDATED

Administrator

Default The Top Ten Most Pirated TV Shows Of 2012 - UPDATED

UPDATE: Seems I slipped up when trying to write this during Christmas day... er... well, festivities isn't quite the word. The "most pirated films of 2012" list isn't ready yet. I had it wrong... Here's the original story with references to movies cut out.

The year's not over yet but list makers everywhere are acting like it is. In that spirit, then,below are charts of the top ten TV shows as stolen via Bit Torrent in 2012.

This is the stuff that really appeals to the crooks and criminals just helping to themselves on the internet. See what assumptions you can make about the demographics of these thieves from the titles in the list.
    1. Game of Thrones
    2. Dexter
    3. Big Bang Theory
    4. How I Met Your Mother
    5. Breaking Bad
    6. The Walking Dead
    7. Homeland
    8. House
    9. Fringe
    10. Revolution
    Only one new show in there, and it was in tenth place. An indication, perhaps, that TV piracy happens across borders quite a lot and seeing thatRevolution has yet to make any impact outside of the US, it maybe doesn't have a fanbase eating up torrents just yet.

The charts were compiled byTorrentFreakfrom BitTorrent statistics. If you are one of the thieves who just steals films and TV, then please read Joseph Kahn's explanation of why you suck. He's mainly speaking about his film, but it applies across the board.

Wrote the Book on Cool

What is the pirate picture from??

Exceedingly Cool

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaZilla View Post
    What is the pirate picture from??
    The Pirates! Band of Misfits

I just can't believe people sometimes. People put their hard work into entertaining you, and you download via bittorrent to repay them?

At least try Usenet
    "Looking past all that, with the number of regular comic buyers steadily decreasing, now would be a good time to be more inclusive of other genders, races, orientations, etc. There's only so many white dudes left." - downlikecharlie

Exceedingly Cool

Taken 2????? *takes a deep deep breath* LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO LOL!!!!!!!

While I always see the films I want at the cinema (14 this year, some multiple times) and then buy DVDs I hate that I'm sorry, pirated films are a better experience. Nobody forces me to watch 10 minutes of unskipable anti-piracy ads. I mean, for effs sake I BOUGHT THE FILM I DO NOT NEED TO BE CONDESCENDED AT!

Thank you.

And as you judge everyone else, I am sure you got the full rights to use that picture from the creators of it, right? I mean, you didn't steal it at all I am sure, did you? Naw, because that would make you rather hypocritical.

Very Cool

Well its pretty obvious why Game of Thrones is top with HBO's idiotic dvd release schedule. The first season was spoilered by hype from season 2 launching at the same time. Perhaps they might learn something from this chart.

Exceedingly Cool

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaMic View Post
    I just can't believe people sometimes. People put their hard work into entertaining you, and you download via bittorrent to repay them?

At least try Usenet
    much of the problems with this stuff is availability of the shows this is 2012 people don't need cable anymore so if it isn't available from the top sources such as netflix, hulu, or even amazon people don't want to wait...

Quote Originally Posted by meschiane View Post
    Well its pretty obvious why Game of Thrones is top with HBO's idiotic dvd release schedule. The first season was spoilered by hype from season 2 launching at the same time. Perhaps they might learn something from this chart.
    Hopefully. Because that REALLY was idiotic.

Quote Originally Posted by buzz86us View Post
    much of the problems with this stuff is availability of the shows this is 2012 people don't need cable anymore so if it isn't available from the top sources such as netflix, hulu, or even amazon people don't want to wait...
    That and I actually think a lot of those are from foreign countries. Here in Germany e.g. we are at least a year behind the new stuff before it is available on TV (horribly dubbed to boot) and then it takes another 6-12 months for a home video release.
    And while you Americans have the options to watch this stuff online we don't as each and every service denies people outside of the US access to their stuff.
    And still - while it is really, really hard to wait for the new RC1 DVD releases of "Justified" and "Hell on Wheels" I will and can wait. I also wish I could watch "Arrow" but I will rather watch for the DVD release before I watch it online.

I guess the only series that I will have to download eventually is the second season of "Shark" as there is not a single legal option for me to watch it - no DVD release worldwide and Amazon Video is - of course - not available for people outside of the US.

気持ち悪い

Dean of Cool University Captain Comet's Avatar

Aww man, I feel like Hit and Run, Man With the Iron Fists and Cloud Atlas really could've used the money. And Cloud Atlas DESERVED the money!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast