Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lego Officially Announce Back To The Future DeLorean Kit For Next Year

Administrator

Default Lego Officially Announce Back To The Future DeLorean Kit For Next Year

Lego have a scheme called Cuusoothrough which they solicit fan designs for new kits and models. The system is simple: aspiring designers cook up a Lego set they'd like to see made and sold; you publish a Cuusoo page for your kit and get web users to endorse it; any kits that get 10,000 "likes" go before Lego's official approval board.

What's more, any that are then sold pay a 1% royalty fee to the original designer.

The latest Lego Cuusoo review took account of the Summer submissions and among them was a Back to the Future kit featuring the DeLorean, Marty and Doc. Today, Lego released this video in which - spoiler warning - they announce that DeLorean has been approved. Hurrah!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnWPcP4f7uw#![/youtube]

If you watched that in full you'll know that the 1% royalty payable to the kit designers is, in this case, being generously donated to a Michael J. Fox's Parkinsons charity.

And then, if you watched it in fuller, you'll have seen the next wave includes a pretty large scale Star Wars sandcrawler. I think that one's unlikely to make the cut, however. My hunch is that we'll be seeing the Portal kit instead.

I love the DeLorean. It's got a pretty low brick count but it's neat and trim and looks like the real thing just squeezed through the Lego filter. Well played, Universal, for approving this.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLy8IeQwviE#![/youtube]

Exceedingly Cool

Fantastic stuff, and a great initiative by Lego. I'll definitely be getting this!

The Michael J FOx minifig is uncanny. Great that they are donating the proceeds to Fox's Parkinsons charity as well.

Wrote the Book on Cool 0bsessions's Avatar

I've seen shots of BttF 1, 2 and 3 sets. Just be careful that you don't display them too close to each other, lest you risk damaging the space time continuum.

Wrote the Book on Cool

Meh. MiniMates already released little BTTF Legotype things. Give us some awesome looking action figures or fuck off.

Dean of Cool University FilmBuffRich's Avatar

I guess I should get to work on designing that Playboy Mansion Grotto Lego playset I've been thinking about.

Now if they could just do this... yeah, bitch! Legos!

This Breaking Bad meth lab LEGO set is unsuitable for children
    Like comics? Video Games? Movies? Come join the fun at Adventure Seekers Wanted: https://www.facebook.com/groups/AdventureSeekersWanted/

Yeah, yeah, yeah...

Come on Space Troopers! Daddy needs a steady supply of those guys.

I will buy it!

and, you know, this is much, much better idea than the Mattel Hoverboard

Banned

They already made a Lego Sandcrawler, you nuub

Dean of Cool University

Great Scott!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast