Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Full New Trailer For The Lone Ranger

Administrator

Default Full New Trailer For The Lone Ranger

This trailer gets the Lone Ranger's origin out of the way in mere seconds. That's efficient.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgXGbsESUEg[/youtube]

You probably want to watch that and the first trailer to get a broader idea of what this film contains.

Also available atApple.

Looks like fun at the very least
    Dawnelldo likes this.
    Warning, the above post may contain traces of sarcasm, or have been written in an environment where it may have come into contact with sarcasm.

My name is Steven Tudor, nice to meet you.

Bring back signatures!!!!!!!

Zen Master of Cool

Looks like a fun popcorn movie.

VP in Charge of Cool bewareofgeek's Avatar

I suspect there will be a certain amount of controversy about Tonto. Not the bird hat, but his choice to drop articles.

Mario Di Giacomo

Marvel: S-man 2099, Rocket Raccoon
    DC: Wonder Woman, Injustice, Detective Comics, Sandman Overture
    Indie: Sonic the Hedgehog, MegaMan, Street Fighter, SkullKickers, Fatale, Elephantmen, Afterlife of Archie, The Wicked+The Divine

Looks better than expected.
    MY EBAY COMIC STORE

"Our lives are different to anybody else's. That's the exciting thing. Nobody in the universe can do what we're doing." -The Doctor

They're pushing that "Hey, remember Pirates of the Caribbean?" stunt really hard.
    Oh well, if it's more Pirates and less Wild Wild West, it will be a nice movie.

Cool

Fewer. Fewer trains than last time.

It looks fun, but just one question, what is Captain Jack Sparrow doing in the Old West?

Consultant of Cool Ferb Morgendorffer's Avatar

No matter what it looks better than the 80's version, which I know I saw as a little (as in 3-4 year old) kid, but that's not why I don't remember anything from it. I have no problem remembering Return of the Jedi, Khan, and For The Love of Benji around that time, but the 80's version is the epitome of forgetableness (as opposed to Flash Gordon, which I loved even before it started getting some recognition if just for camp and BRIAN BLESSED!)

But the fact this is the first time I wasn't making Black Guardian jokes at the sight of Tonto is also a good sign. At worst it'll be Cowboys vs. Aliens without the phoned-in performances (though I think Ford tried in a few scenes) and at best it'll be a fun if forgettable popcorn action*. I thought the last about Pirates as well, so maybe it has a chance of being a surprise favorite like that.

* Shows how much things have changed, I remember critics and fans howling Depp was "sinking" to do something like Pirates, but I figured at worst it was the So My Kids Can Watch trope in action. Now everyone (including me) is like "Dude, make another Dead Man!"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast