Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: Harrison Ford Rumoured To Want "Death Clause" Deal For Star Wars Sequel

Bleeding Cool

Quote Originally Posted by hammerstein View Post
    It's ridiculous...just MAKE A GOOD MOVIE...if they want to dictate what happens then they should write it THEMSELVES.

Can we just have well written and directed movies as a priority without pinpointing plot points and constructing stuff around those? 'Han must wear green pants' WTF, WHO CARES!

Horses before carts thanks...it's the very disease that ruins so many movies, the lack of a genuine narrative drive FIRST.
    Apparently he cares. I doubt this would really be such a big deal, since he's not likely to be the star this time around.

Wrote the Book on Cool 0bsessions's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hammerstein View Post
    It's ridiculous...just MAKE A GOOD MOVIE...if they want to dictate what happens then they should write it THEMSELVES.

Can we just have well written and directed movies as a priority without pinpointing plot points and constructing stuff around those? 'Han must wear green pants' WTF, WHO CARES!

Horses before carts thanks...it's the very disease that ruins so many movies, the lack of a genuine narrative drive FIRST.
    It's an entirely reasonable concept. Sounds to me like his basic idea is that he's getting too old for films like this. Saying "I'm in it, but kill me off please," is basically a good way of letting them use him for the role while not having to commit to sticking around.

Quote Originally Posted by 0bsessions View Post
    It's an entirely reasonable concept. Sounds to me like his basic idea is that he's getting too old for films like this. Saying "I'm in it, but kill me off please," is basically a good way of letting them use him for the role while not having to commit to sticking around.
    Yeah, it makes good plot sense really, give the character a proper ending as he has no long term interest in the role.
    alekesam likes this.

Wrote the Book on Cool Timber-Munki's Avatar

If he comes back I'd like to see him shot by a Rodian and then one of the characters quip I guess he should have shot first, whilst looking directly at the camera, just to see how long it takes to break the internet.

This ought to have a spoiler alert, I think

Quote Originally Posted by Calibretto View Post
    What should? Why?
    _OM_ likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kalicki View Post
    What should? Why?
    This thread, because it gives away the likelihood of Han dying. I'm not sure I agree (for a start it'll be all over the media before the film if it's true) but I can see his point (also it was quite obvious ).

Quote Originally Posted by toodoor View Post
    This thread, because it gives away the likelihood of Han dying. I'm not sure I agree (for a start it'll be all over the media before the film if it's true) but I can see his point (also it was quite obvious ).
    If Disney had made any actual decision re: Han that this thread had under discussion, then yes, that would be a spoiler. As yet, Disney hasn't announced Ford starring in anything, let alone written a script that says Han dies(or Han remains alive in Carbonite forever). It's all speculation. And had Return of the Jedi not taken so many easy choices out (Ewoks, Han gets the girl, the Millenium Falcon doesn't even get scratched, et al), Ford wouldn't have to be suggesting narrative options in the first place. It's going to take a Neil Gaiman type to clean up the tainted chalice Star Wars has become. It's already spoiled.

Bleeding Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Calibretto View Post
    Why would you put a spolier alert on a rumor of a rumor?

Dean of Cool University EmperorCheese's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by toodoor View Post
    But everybody dies.
    Life has already been 'spoiled.'
    So have a cookie and get over it.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast