Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Kirby Krackle

Thread: Guillermo Del Toro Says, Yes, He'd Love To Make That DC Team-Up Movie

Administrator

Default Guillermo Del Toro Says, Yes, He'd Love To Make That DC Team-Up Movie

I was waiting for Guillermo Del Toro to drop by the forums at GDT Films and clarify his involvement, or lack thereof, with the rumoured DC team-up film, Heaven Sent.

As we told you the other day, this would see Swamp Thing, John Constantine, The Spectre and plenty of other members DC's more magical, supernatural line-up of characters.

And according to Del Toro, it's a project he'd love to make.
    Wow- please contact whoever said I denied it. I cannot recall ever answering a question like that. Sadly I dont do tweeter. I denied being involved in JLA but this I would love to do!!!
    There was apparently some confusion earlier with somebody purporting to have interview Del Toro and him supposedly nixing any chance of the film, but somewhere in that chain of events, somebody got something wrong.

So Heaven Sent is apparently real, and Del Toro would love to make it. How's that for a nice surprise, eh? Now let's get a proper name and Ron Perlman cast as Swamp Thing for starters, eh?

Del Toro is the Sam Jackson of the directing side of the business: He accepts every offer that comes his way.
    The only difference is that 97% of the projects never get made with his envolvement (See: At the Mountains of Madness, directing the Hobbit, Hulk TV show, Dr. Strange...etc)

VP in Charge of Cool

Correct me if I am wrong, but that group of characters sounds vaguely like it would fit Alan Moore's 'American Gothic' storyline... Prepare for Copyright Argument War 317 to commence in 3... 2...

Captain Cool

Alright let's make this shit happen!

Exceedingly Cool

Del Toro saying this sounds "like a project he'd love to make" doesn't mean it's real. I'd love to eat chocolate pudding off Kate Winslet's breasts, but that doesn't mean it'll happen. This is wishful thinking at best.
    TGC likes this.

Captain Cool

Yeah but it does seem like it's practical. Can't imagine WB being averse to this.

Consultant of Cool mercifulbudah's Avatar

I'd like to see this inaugurate a new era of comic book movies focused on less well known characters.
    Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb...

TGC

I still think Jude Law as Constantine is the way to go.