Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mark Millar Gives Schedule For Kick-Ass 2, American Jesus And Superior Films

Robot for Front Page Blog Posts

Default Mark Millar Gives Schedule For Kick-Ass 2, American Jesus And Superior Films

Less than a year ago Matthew Vaughn was implying that we'd never see a sequel to Kick-Ass. Last month it was confirmed that, while the film is definitely going ahead, neither Matthew Vaughn nor Jane Goldman will be onboard to write or direct. The producers already have a new writer and director onboard, and according to an interview with Mark Millar in Scottish newspaper The Daily Record, the date has been set as well.
    We shoot Kick-Ass 2 and American Jesus this summer
    No release dates have been announced yet, but based on that shooting schedule we could be seeing both films in late 2013 or early 2014. What's also interesting is that Millar specifically refers to the film as Kick-Ass 2. Whether that will be the official title or not remains to be seen, but it may well put paid to speculation that the sequel would be a movie about Hit Girl, to tie-in with her forthcoming comic-book miniseries.

In any case, we can probably expect an announcement soon as to who the screenwriter and director forsequelwill be, as well as casting. Based on her earlier comments, Chloe Moretz will almost certainly return, and since Millar is calling the film Kick-Ass 2 it's likely that Aaron Johnson will also reprise his role. But with both actors ageing rapidly it remains to be seen which direction this franchise will go.

Aside from the information about Kick-Ass 2 and American Jesus, the article also states that Matthew Vaughn has bought the movie rights for Superior in preparation for a 2014 release. In short, expect to see the Mark Millar adaptations dominating the release schedules over the next few years.

Is any of this confirmed or is just more of Millar's lies and bullshit?

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Meyeraustin View Post
    How are the actors aging anymore rapidly than the rest of humanity?
    Not the point - it's thatvthey're ageing faster than the characters who need to bee teen and tween respectively

Wrote the Book on Cool ampersand's Avatar

They're making American Jesus?!? Wow. That book had nothing interesting to offer. The plot was like something from a high school creative writing class. I wonder how much they'll end up changing the plot in this Millar story before it sees the screen.

Dean of Cool University

Quote Originally Posted by Meyeraustin View Post
    How are the actors aging anymore rapidly than the rest of humanity?
    Child actors can't play children for long. Actors can play adults for most of their career. It's relative.

Wrote the Book on Cool

The only thing newsworthy in this, that could be a mistake, was that Twentieth Century Fox have greenlit the sequel; what's your source on this Brendon as Lionsgate were behind KA and though you wouldn't know it from reading this piece the only person who's said KA2 is going ahead is Millar (then dutifully reported as fact by Brendon).

Quote Originally Posted by BC Blog Poster View Post
    In short, expect to see the Mark Millar adaptations dominating the release schedules over the next few years.
    What's your evidence for this beyond Millar just saying it? See not knowing anything about comics Brendon you may not know this but Millar says a lot of shit, very little of which is true; though he's quoted verbatim in the newspaper today stating both flicks shoot this Summer, he's not copping to it on his own forums.

Here's Millar saying other stuff about Superior that you may have missed Brendon and wish to present without any investigation as fact (especially the bit about Superior being in cinemas in 2012):
    24/7/10: "The director of Kick-Ass, Matthew Vaughn, and I are doing another thing called*Superior next year too, it’s a big kind of family movie."

31/8/10: "Superior is a comic book that we’ve privately done the movie deal on. The comic book launches in October and we’ll make an announcement about the director in the next few weeks."

8/10/10: "Oh, and Superior has a director. Announcement to be made in the next few days, hopefully, but you're all going to be as happy as me when you hear the name of this bad boy."

18/11/10:"Superior is one we've known about for months. And I mean SEVEN OR EIGHT MONTHS. But everything has been formalised and this is now locked down and should finally be announced in the next week or two. I met up with the director on my trip to London earlier in the week and he's gasping to get started. We talked casting and screen-writer (both of whom should make fans of the book very happy) and we're going to be putting this into overdrive after Christmas for a late 2012 release. The good news is that this is getting fast-tracked and all going well we should be looking at a late 2012 release. I know it seems fast because the second issue of Superior only hit the stands yesterday, but this is something that I've been discussing with his team for a couple of years. Superior is a labour of love for me, everything I've ever really wanted to write in a comic-book and it's exactly the kind of movie he's always wanted to make too"

11/10: Millar's Bio on KAPOW 2011: "Superior has been optioned by Kick-Ass and X-Men First Class director Matthew Vaughn with view to a 2012 cinema release."

16/12/10:"There’s a whole batch of things that are ready to roll, Jane Goldman’s just waiting for me to finish Kick-Ass 2 so she can start on the screenplay; Nemesis is out with a screenwriter just now; I’m doing this thing, Superior, they won’t be announcing the director until January"

23/12/10:"Huge News: Superior movie just locked down most high profile actor of 2010. Official release in January"

So well done on reporting what Millar says as fact Brendon, which gap in Moretz's schedule fits in with the summer filming of KA2 and who do your sources say is writing and directing the film that shoots in just a few months?

Mike

Well not that I want to get into a big thing with Mike Daniels but honestly those quotes might not be wrong though. I mean in Hollywood it is all either super slow or super fast and projects and their schedules are always changing. It could be at the time of Millar saying thosse things that actually and honestly was the plan. And plans change.

Maybe its all not lies is what I'm saying.
    The Comics Ticker- my new comics blog

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y185/mattspatola/venger-web-sig22222.jpg

Follow me on: Twitter l Facebook l Email me l The Venger Blog

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Daniels View Post
    (then dutifully reported as fact by Brendon).
    I didn't write this post, Hannah did. And, basically, she took Millar's word for it.

But... yeah, we have been trying to find out who is writing and directing this Kick-Ass movie. We know that somebody is in the frame, just nobody will tell us who. Yet.

VP in Charge of Cool betty boolean's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Wallace View Post
    Child actors can't play children for long. Actors can play adults for most of their career. It's relative.
    That guy in Malcolm in the Middle played a teen till he was like a million years old . . .
    “Everything in life is just for a while.”
    ― Philip K. Dick, A Scanner Darkly

--------------------------------

"DC comics are for ☛□☚'s"

"Batman Eternal my @¬$£"

"Marvel Essential collections make great colouring books"
    --Betty Boolean

Dean of Cool University

Quote Originally Posted by betty boolean View Post
    That guy in Malcolm in the Middle played a teen till he was like a million years old . . .
    Only because they cryogenically froze him between episodes.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast