Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Evidence Is Piling Up - Will Sophia Myles Be Returning To Doctor Who?

Administrator

Default The Evidence Is Piling Up - Will Sophia Myles Be Returning To Doctor Who?

Little Bleeder Nick Halliday has compiled a good number of indicators that Sophia Myles, who previously appeared as Reinette in The Girl in the Fireplace, will be making a return to Doctor Who. There's no smoking gun here but you'll probably be able to smell the smoke.

Here are Nick's puzzle pieces.
    • Doctor Who is currently filming in spain. Sophia Myles was complaining on Twitter over the weekend about her luggage as she is also in Spain.
    • She was recently interviewed by Doctor Who Magazine star interviewer Benjamin Cook with no mention of when or in what context this interview will appear. The staff of Doctor Who Magazine do appear to know who the next companion will be but are keeping shtum.
    • Steven Moffat has been tweeting quite a lot to Sophia recently and heavily recommending that his followers follow her as well. They've been seeming quite pally of late.
    • Myles is scheduled to appear at the Doctor Who convention later this month. This would be the perfect time to announce her return to the show.
    And I can add that Tom Spilbury, editor of Doctor Who Magazine, has tweeted about a meet-up with Myles too.

Now, I don't think Ms. Myles is necessarily going to appear in the Western episode necessarily, but it does look like multiple episodes will be filmed in Spain. Perhaps she's part of the Skaro episode that has been rumoured?

It's worth noting that Moffat has referred to the next companion as a "new friend." Also, good intelligence was pointing to Miranda Hart appearing in the show during the next series, and so she's still worth considering as an alternative companion.

Yeah that will do just fine.... snicker
    In all honesty though i really enjoyed the episode she was in previously. Plus it would be nice to have them continue to on with the tradition of having the new companion be someone who had acted in a previous episode.

Zen Master of Cool Charles Skaggs's Avatar

Yeah, it certainly seems like Sophia Myles has the inside track for the new companion gig, doesn't it? Fine with me, I loved her as Reinette/Madame de Pompadour and on CBS' Moonlight series, but I'm curious how the on-screen chemistry will be compared to her previous TimeLordfriend David Tennant. And hey, playing a different Doctor Who role worked for Nicholas Courtney, Colin Baker and Freema Agyeman...

Wrote the Book on Cool

Would love to see her as the companion. Loved the Girl in Fireplace episode and well... I'm not insensitive to her charms. Who wouldn't be?
    That being said, Hasn't Steven Moffat said the next companion wouldn't be human?
    Le Pov where I do my thing in French or English.
    My Tumblr: a sign that it's not just the cool kids anymore who have one.
    @Thomallard on Twitter

Wrote the Book on Cool cmichaelhall's Avatar

She was fantastic in "The Girl in the Fireplace"...I would love to see her as the new companion. Even if that doesn't happen, though, it would be nice to see her on the show again even in a one- or two-part story. One of the things I loved about classic Who was the way it regularly re-used actors; seeing familiar faces in new roles is, for me at least, a very fun component of the Who experience.

Writer/Cartoonist/Evil Mastermind
    http://www.cmichaelhall.com

Wrote the Book on Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Skaggs View Post
    Yeah, it certainly seems like Sophia Myles has the inside track for the new companion gig, doesn't it? Fine with me, I loved her as Reinette/Madame de Pompadour and on CBS' Moonlight series, but I'm curious how the on-screen chemistry will be compared to her previous TimeLordfriend David Tennant. And hey, playing a different Doctor Who role worked for Nicholas Courtney, Colin Baker and Freema Agyeman...
    and Karen Gillan?

VP in Charge of Cool Darin Wagner's Avatar

Personally, I'd like to see Sophia Myles reprise her role as Reinette for playing the new companion.
    Darin Wagner
    Wisconsin, USA

Dean of Cool University

Quote Originally Posted by B-Thom View Post
    That being said, Hasn't Steven Moffat said the next companion wouldn't be human?
    Has he? I hadn't heard that.

What does the guy who apparently knows everything about the future of Doctor Who have to say about this?

Dean of Cool University

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kalicki View Post
    What does the guy who apparently knows everything about the future of Doctor Who have to say about this?
    Doesn't sound like Moffat has openly commented on it yet...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast