Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree216Likes

Thread: Trinity War To Be A Six Issue Crossover Between The Three Justice League Titles

I'm wondering who that three-eyed golden skull that's being cradled by woman kneeling in the center was - I'd bet that's a clue to who's getting offed.

But then, I'm kind of wondering who the hell the lady is herself, so there's that.
    Last edited by Berzerker; 04-08-2013 at 05:26 AM.

Consultant of Cool

Quote Originally Posted by MurrayC View Post
    Well someone better pass that memo on to Scott Snyder because he said just recently that his next Batman arc will be ELEVEN ISSUES.
    There's a big difference between a long story arc and a long crossover. An 11 issue story arc is self contained. Where as a crossover is all about being as relevent as possible to multiple titles so you have to buy more, and the stories are usually a lot flashier or more about grabbing your attention and making sales. I'm not trying to hate on crossovers, but a long story arc is a lot less exhausting than a long crossover event.
    Mister Ferro likes this.

Haven't been reading the JL titles for a while. But I am curious about this crossover. I'm not sure who could get killed that might stir this all up though. And the golden skull is a clue but I don't know what.l
    The Comics Ticker- my new comics blog

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y185/mattspatola/venger-web-sig22222.jpg

Follow me on: Twitter l Facebook l Email me l The Venger Blog

Consultant of Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Hdefined View Post
    Breaking New: DC releases comics to try to get people to read more comics.

Fanboys: GRAHHHHHH!!!!!
    Definitely accurate, but I still question whether crossovers really do get more people to read comics. I guess they would get more fans to pick them up, like myself since I'm interested in this crossover. But I can't imagine crossovers being a good place for new readers to jump in considering all the build up. Just a thought.
    STFmaryville likes this.

Consultant of Cool Cunty Bollocks's Avatar

Hrmmmm. All of the wizards that created the Trinity of Sin are dead...except the last one made a new one before he croaked. The T.O.S. have a beef with the wizards, so it makes thematic sense (DCNu, anyway) that they might not like the new one, either. Johns wouldn't kill off SHAZAM!! (sigh...) to incite the Trinity War, would he?

Exceedingly Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Nova2814 View Post
    For all of the events that Marvel puts out, few of them are true crossovers, i.e. where Part 1 is in Book A, Part 2 in Book B, etc. They've done some, like the current Extermination one, but mainly their focus is on event books, with the ongoings tying into the overall story. DC on the other hand, have done plenty of crossovers, like JL/Aquaman, I Vampire/Justice League, Swamp Thing/Animal Man, Teen Titans/Superboy/Legion Lost. And those are just some of the ones since the New 52 launched.

True, and I think that people don't appreciate the difference enough. With Marvel events you don't have to buy a series you don't normally read. They incorporate story elements from the events, but they are optional tie-ins. DC crossovers require you to buy a series you may not otherwise read, just to get the next part of the story. This is why I'm reading less and less DC books. Just because I like Geoff Johns on Green Lantern doesn't mean I want to shell out for 4 Green Lantern books a month. I'm just not that into Green Lantern. And I don't want to have to buy every Batman book, or every Superman book, or every Justice League book just to follow a crossover. Marvel doesn't make me do that. I read Avengers vs. X-Men, but didn't buy a single tie-in. I didn't have to.

Bleeding Cool

Quote Originally Posted by JaHawk2009 View Post
    I see what you mean, but surely a character who is beloved by older fans and enigmatic to newer fans would be a good choice. Plus it saves DC publishing another Trinity of Sin book ;-)

Although the more I think about it, the more Zatanna or Catwoman is the sacrificial lamb here
    Haven't they got black characters they'd rather off? Does what's-his-name's decision to leave Green Lantern necessarily mean that John Stewart no longer has a target on his head? I'm not sure. Is Dan Didio someone who enjoys having his plans foiled? Or is he more the type to sit about stewing, after a set-back, plotting his revenge? Isn't he just regrouping at the moment, before the next assault, this time not to be denied? Because won't he look weak, or worse still, impotent, in front of the shareholders, if he can't push something as reasonably straightforward, on the face of it, as John Stewart's tragic death through?

Quote Originally Posted by Evan Meadow View Post
    True, but if all of DC's major crossover's went as short as this one, it would probably work out better. Then again, I'm still trying to figure out why people were saying the same thing about Rotworld was the problem. Cause it was really just one issue each too long, the critics really didn't focus on that.
    Maybe because the critics didn't agree? Both Swamp Thing and Animal Man were dealing with Rot stuff since the beginning - 34 issues, at least one annual, the Frankesnstein tie-ins. Yeesh. Even Jeff Lemire thinks it went on too long, in retrospect, talking to Sonia Harris over at CBR:

SH: Some of my favorite old Hellblazer comic books were one-shots, simple stories about the bizarre, ridiculous, and tragic that John deftly handled. Is that something that youíll have room for, in between long-form, epic battles with big evil?

Jeff Lemire: Absolutely. In fact we are focusing almost exclusively on shorter arcs and one shots, with an underlying mythology running through everything.One of the things I learned form Animal Man was that huge story lines can be good, but if your only telling one story all the time, the reader can loose patience. We made that mistake with Rotworld, and I donít want to do it again with Green Arrow or Constantine, or with Animal Man after Rotworld for that matter.
    toodoor likes this.
    Visit http://dangermart.blogspot.com/ for comic reviews

Bleeding Cool

Quote Originally Posted by JaHawk2009 View Post
    I see what you mean, but surely a character who is beloved by older fans and enigmatic to newer fans would be a good choice. Plus it saves DC publishing another Trinity of Sin book ;-)

Although the more I think about it, the more Zatanna or Catwoman is the sacrificial lamb here
    Haven't they got black characters they'd rather off? Does what's-his-name's decision to leave Green Lantern necessarily mean that John Stewart no longer has a target on his head? I'm not sure. Is Dan Didio someone who enjoys having his plans foiled? He's an Alpha Bull Male, after all! He didn't get where he is today by ... well okay, who knows why he's where he is today.

But maybe he's regrouping at the moment, before the next assault, this time not to be denied? Because won't he look weak, or worse still, impotent, if he can't push something as reasonably straightforward, on the face of it, as John Stewart's tragic, futile death through? If I was a shareholder, I'd be losing confidence. John Stewart's continued existence would seem like the sort of slap in the face to corporate that I, as an investor, would not be able to tolerate.
    Last edited by Ian Coke; 04-08-2013 at 07:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mart View Post
    Maybe because the critics didn't agree? Both Swamp Thing and Animal Man were dealing with Rot stuff since the beginning - 34 issues, at least one annual, the Frankesnstein tie-ins. Yeesh. Even Jeff Lemire thinks it went on too long, in retrospect, talking to Sonia Harris over at CBR:

SH: Some of my favorite old Hellblazer comic books were one-shots, simple stories about the bizarre, ridiculous, and tragic that John deftly handled. Is that something that you’ll have room for, in between long-form, epic battles with big evil?

Jeff Lemire: Absolutely. In fact we are focusing almost exclusively on shorter arcs and one shots, with an underlying mythology running through everything.One of the things I learned form Animal Man was that huge story lines can be good, but if your only telling one story all the time, the reader can loose patience. We made that mistake with Rotworld, and I don’t want to do it again with Green Arrow or Constantine, or with Animal Man after Rotworld for that matter.
    that's a very encouraging quote!
    Hdefined, Mart and JaHawk2009 like this.
    Warning, the above post may contain traces of sarcasm, or have been written in an environment where it may have come into contact with sarcasm.

My name is Steven Tudor, nice to meet you.

Bring back signatures!!!!!!!

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast