Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree214Likes

Thread: Grant Morrison Puts Barbara Gordon Back In The Wheelchair In Batman Inc

Administrator

Default Grant Morrison Puts Barbara Gordon Back In The Wheelchair In Batman Inc

In today's Batman Inc, we go to the future. One we've previously glimpsed in which The Joker takes his ultimate revenge on Batman. A real end times story for the book, and its a future which the current day Batman is tryingto avoid.

But one of the character twists is exactly what has happened to Barbara Gordon. Well, Oracle fans, she's back in the chair. Although the chair appears to be more of a tank. And she also appears to have taken on her father's role, and his smoking habit... Comissioner Gordon?

Oh and there are definitely some Kid Loki/Tumblr moments here to... well... is "look forward to" the correct term?

Comics courtesy of Orbital Comics, London.

The irony of people complaining about the "misogyny" of crippling Barbara in the first place wanting her to be back in the chair is one of the things that keeps me warm at night.

Bleeding Cool

The evil wheels keep on spinning! See GM doesn't give a damn about the 52 contintuinty .

A dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind.

In my opinion, Babs as Oracle is a far more interesting and challenging character.
    toodoor, TGC, alekesam and 5 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavemold View Post
    The evil wheels keep on spinning! See GM doesn't give a damn about the 52 contintuinty .
    Well it is set in a possible future. Anything could happen between now and then.

Bleeding Cool

I wonder what the editor does on this book though. Seriously, this is suppose to be apart of the 52 line. Should we not count it as 52 book?

I wonder what the editor does on this book though. Seriously, this is suppose to be apart of the 52 line. Should we not count it as 52 book?
    Ahh, if you don't like it then ignore it. If you do then just go along with it. You'll be fine.

Bleeding Cool

Quote Originally Posted by not him - HIM View Post
    Well it is set in a possible future. Anything could happen between now and then.
    I suppose but this has been ongoing thing with INC. Which is fine but its kinda odd they count it as new 52 book.Just obersvation.....

Zen Master of Cool

Quote Originally Posted by spacedog View Post
    In my opinion, Babs as Oracle is a far more interesting and challenging character.
    Couldn't have said it better myself.

What about it doesn't fit into the New 52 universe? They had to wedge it in, but it seems to work so far.

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast