Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: DC\'s New Vibe Title To Be Called Justice League Of America\'s Vibe

Administrator

Default DC\'s New Vibe Title To Be Called Justice League Of America\'s Vibe

It does feel a bit unwieldy. And Katana #1 doesn't feel the need to be Justice League Of America's Katana. But I suppose it puts a better selling title's name before the - frankly - less sellable Vibe #1. Though a Geoff Johns' co-writing credit can't hurt either. And he does look a little grim doesn't he...
    JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA?S VIBE #1 Written by ANDREW KREISBERG and GEOFF JOHNS Art by PETE WOODS Cover by DAVID FINCH 1:50 Variant cover by DAVID FINCH On sale FEBRUARY 20 ? 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US ? RATED T ? No, that?s not a typo. Vibe stars in his own ongoing monthly title, starting with this debut issue cowritten by GEOFF JOHNS! ? One of the most unlikely members of the Justice League of America ever (okay, THE most unlikely) will soon discover he?s one of the most powerful individuals on Earth. But how did Vibe get his abilities? What is the cost to them? And why does the JLA want him on the team so desperately? ? Plus: We?ve seen the Red Room and the Black Room, but what is...the Circus?
    What indeed. The Justice League titles jump from ten to thirteen, with Justice League Of America, Katana and Justice League Of America's Vibe, but with no confirmed cancellation news yet... with Constantine #1, that's four books that have to be made room for. DC will roll out their solicitations through the day, so place your bets ladies and gentlemen, place your bets...

I'm pretty sure the cancellations were announced with last month's solicitations.

Exceedingly Cool

Quote Originally Posted by nietoperz View Post
    I'm pretty sure the cancellations were announced with last month's solicitations.
    Yeah, these are taking the place of Grifter, Frankenstein, etc. The New 52 valentines day special is taking up that 52nd spot, until Constantine launches in March.

Also, it's probably called JLA's Vibe due to there being Vibe Magazine.

Exceedingly Cool

I wonder if the first story arc will be called "Vibe: Rebirth".

The four books were already canceled. Blue Beetle, Legion Lost, Grifter and Frankenstein, Agent of SHADE

Dean of Cool University Drew Melbourne's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Covah View Post
    Also, it's probably called JLA's Vibe due to there being Vibe Magazine.
    That was my immediate assumption as well. Although I supposed they could have called it "Adventure Comics, Featuring Vibe" or "Power of Vibe" or something like that. Clearly, someone decided that directly referencing the JLofA in the title was a good way to buoy sales for what, let's be honest, is a bit of a shot-in-the-dark title.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamandi2 View Post
    The four books were already canceled. Blue Beetle, Legion Lost, Grifter and Frankenstein, Agent of SHADE
    But with Threshold we are seeing 5 new titles and that is only 4 cancellations... Unless I missed one somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by OwningXylophone View Post
    But with Threshold we are seeing 5 new titles and that is only 4 cancellations... Unless I missed one somewhere.

Threshold replaces the December cancelled G.I. Combat.

At last in his own title, because you demanded it: Vibe.

Wrote the Book on Cool Timber-Munki's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Flair View Post
    At last in his own title, because you demanded it: Vibe.
    Like we demanded Before Watchmen.

Am I the only person pre-occupied with trying to think of ways Kriesberg & Johns can shoe-horn 'harshing' into the title and undecided if that would be utterly brilliant or irredeemably bad if they did?

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast