Page 41 of 137 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast

Thread: DC Cancels Its Longest Running Series, Hellblazer, And Replaces It With New 52 Title, Constantine

Quote Originally Posted by SAMURAI36 View Post
    Yep, and the same trade sales will be there with this as well. But I have to say, for as long as I've been working at my shop, I've yet to see HB trades fly off the shelves as fast as New 52 books are. Just sayin'...

Sure, but you seem content to return to this point; to lay the blame at DC's feet, and not at the feet of the so-called "fans".

Just curious, what are the fans' responsibility here? Bottom line, they weren't buying the fuckin' books. Period.
    Big ticket items always sell less units than cheaper ones. Most people who work in shops know this.

It's the 'long tail' sales period that helps: Watchmen is still coming up with 20-30 grand a month because people still know the name. 5-10 years from now, who will remember Hellblazer? You think JLD/Constantine trades will outperform the Hellblazer trades, and their back catalogue, fair enough. After all, you're the - choke - 'expert'...

What blame? DC are making a business move, some fans are not happy, I can see why they're not happy. Your knee jerk urge to defend anything DC do is still vaguely disturbing. Maybe you should either drink the Koolaid or bathe in it, not both?

Fan responsibilities? Buy the books you enjoy, don't buy books you don't enjoy, provide honest feedback to publishers on which are which and why.

Beyond that, as paying customers, they're already keeping people in work. Including you.

Cheers
    "You might think that... I couldn't possibly comment..."

A dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    Nah they haven't since New Teen Titans, and everything else has been a nostalgic retread until now.
    Agree with you.

Titans-Days_of_Future_Past.jpg
    Last edited by spacedog; 11-10-2012 at 08:31 AM.

I find it laughable someone asked what Vertigo book has been in the Top 20? None, obviously. Besides Walking Dead, what indie period is in the Top 20? Hell, 52 Constantine won't hit Top 20.

Fact is, they cancelled a book that's been around forever, for a book that will be cancelled and ignored. Look at how many creators were dissapointed by this on Twitter and you will see why the fans are upset.

I truly believe sales have very little to do with the decision, pretty much no matter what anyone says. It's not like sales dropped much recently, it's never been a huge seller. They just want to have a new 52 book. Period.

I know this off-topic but yeah between Booth's art, bad new costumes, the overwrought writing, and uninteresting new characters, I couldn't get into Teen Titans. It may be fun to some, but I read some books I find much more satisfying in that department such as Rocketeer: Cargo of Doom & Godzilla: Half Century War, so I'm not dying for Teen Titans. Especially when I read Danger Club which is murdering any "Young Justice" or "Teen" book in the Big Two from the standpoint of quality.

Quote Originally Posted by jyork View Post
    I know this off-topic but yeah between Booth's art, bad new costumes, the overwrought writing, and uninteresting new characters, I couldn't get into Teen Titans. It may be fun to some, but I read some books I find much more satisfying in that department such as Rocketeer: Cargo of Doom & Godzilla: Half Century War, so I'm not dying for Teen Titans. Especially when I read Danger Club which is murdering any "Young Justice" or "Teen" book in the Big Two from the standpoint of quality.
    Danger club is rather good
    Marvel: S-man 2099, Rocket Raccoon
    DC: Wonder Woman, Injustice, Detective Comics, Sandman Overture
    Indie: Sonic the Hedgehog, MegaMan, Street Fighter, SkullKickers, Fatale, Elephantmen, Afterlife of Archie, The Wicked+The Divine

You sound more and more retarded, every time you click "reply".
    Well, DUH! I keep trying to sink to a level that you can comprehend. No chance of that...
    If you'd like to see my store, a faux movie trailer was shot there.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2E23B...eature=related

PROUD WINNER OF THE 2012 and 2014 Best of Cincinnati Comic Shop Award from Citybeat Cincinnati.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter J Poole View Post
    Going seriously digital, as opposed to the toe in the water thing we currently have, means burning a lot of bridges to get to the promised land, mainly with the DM and LCS as they currently exist. No one seems willing to drop the first nuke.
    Until you all sign up for subscription digital thus giving them guaranteed profits, they aren't going to. The bridge they aren't going to burn is GUARANTEED profit for complete risk. The big two don't walk the wire without a net.
    If you'd like to see my store, a faux movie trailer was shot there.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2E23B...eature=related

PROUD WINNER OF THE 2012 and 2014 Best of Cincinnati Comic Shop Award from Citybeat Cincinnati.

Great, you should be. At least you'd complain alot less, and find stuff to enjoy alot more.
    Well, there's this book I have liked just great for about 15 years now, but DC are cancelling it. That's what I'm bemoaning (and to be fair, less complaining than mourning). You don't seem to think it's OK that I'm sad that a book I have loved and supported for years is ending, for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by jyork View Post
    I find it laughable someone asked what Vertigo book has been in the Top 20? None, obviously. Besides Walking Dead, what indie period is in the Top 20? Hell, 52 Constantine won't hit Top 20.

Fact is, they cancelled a book that's been around forever, for a book that will be cancelled and ignored. Look at how many creators were dissapointed by this on Twitter and you will see why the fans are upset.

I truly believe sales have very little to do with the decision, pretty much no matter what anyone says. It's not like sales dropped much recently, it's never been a huge seller. They just want to have a new 52 book. Period.
    If it does get cancelled, it'll get cancelled selling twice as much as Hellblazer does now. Because there's a certain level DC books don't get lower than, and that's about what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kalicki View Post
    If it does get cancelled, it'll get cancelled selling twice as much as Hellblazer does now. Because there's a certain level DC books don't get lower than, and that's about what it is.
    proportionately though will it sell as much/well as when Hellblazer started in the same time? I suppose time will tell. deep down I hope it's more successful (and just as god), I'll give it a try anyway but if anyone asks? "I hope it's cancelled in a year"
    Marvel: S-man 2099, Rocket Raccoon
    DC: Wonder Woman, Injustice, Detective Comics, Sandman Overture
    Indie: Sonic the Hedgehog, MegaMan, Street Fighter, SkullKickers, Fatale, Elephantmen, Afterlife of Archie, The Wicked+The Divine

Page 41 of 137 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast