Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Etta Candy To Return As An "Immense Girl" In Grant Morrison's Wonder Woman

Bleeding Cool

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEwok View Post
    I like Frank Miller's All-Star Batman and DK Strikes Again versions of WW
    Hahaah that would be gold

MOLDY
    Last edited by Cavemold; 11-07-2012 at 06:53 PM.

Bleeding Cool

Quote Originally Posted by n8twing View Post
    What "fans" called Starfire a slut pre-DCnU? That's BS. no one thought of Starfire as a slut from 1980-2011.

And for the record, she's had several sexual partners, including Dick Grayson, HIVE agent Franklin Crandall (I'd assume), husband 1 Karras, husband 2 Ph'yzzon, Captain Comet to name a few. Plus, I'd assume she's had other lovers "off panel" when she wasn't an earth-bound super-hero.

I'm not sure what you are basing this Starfire stuff on....
    Let's look at his quote again with a little bolding action and see if we can spot what you've missed:

"That's BS. Wonder Woman has her status, but look at the shit DC gets for showing Catwoman and Starfire having sex. Starfire has had sex with one person in the last 14 months and "fans" still call her a slut. So the problem isn't with DC's depiction, it's with the people reading the books."
    Joe Kalicki likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Mateo View Post
    Every interview I've read with him on this subject sounds like he's writing a bondage book that WW just happens to be in.
    I feel like making a cheesy, sarcastic, metaphorical response to this, but I won't. Because I'm better than that
    alekesam and tylenoljones like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfist View Post
    I feel like making a cheesy, sarcastic, metaphorical response to this, but I won't. Because I'm better than that
    Eff' that, slum it up with the rest of us and quit being such a snob. High ground is best used for battle (unless you happen to live in the Star Wars universe where Darth Maul and Anakin Skywalker might have conflicting opinions on the matter).
    Comicsfan101 and tylenoljones like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Comicsfan101 View Post
    Let's look at his quote again with a little bolding action and see if we can spot what you've missed:

"That's BS. Wonder Woman has her status, but look at the shit DC gets for showing Catwoman and Starfire having sex. Starfire has had sex with one person in the last 14 months and "fans" still call her a slut. So the problem isn't with DC's depiction, it's with the people reading the books."
    Hey jerk, people shouldn't have to read to get indignant about what people say! You take your literate elitism somewhere else!
    Comicsfan101 likes this.

Captain Cool

I think the only problem with the Starfire thing was that there was just a huge T&A emphasis in that whole scene and the way it was drawn, so it sort of rubs the wrong way. By itself, there obviously isn't anything wrong with someone who likes casual sex, but I think there was just a certain vibe given off there which comes off as a "male fantasy/object" kind of thing, even if it's unintentional on the creators' part.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Strong View Post
    I think the only problem with the Starfire thing was that there was just a huge T&A emphasis in that whole scene and the way it was drawn, so it sort of rubs the wrong way. By itself, there obviously isn't anything wrong with someone who likes casual sex, but I think there was just a certain vibe given off there which comes off as a "male fantasy/object" kind of thing, even if it's unintentional on the creators' part.
    Well, the point of her sexy pose was for the kid to take her cellphone picture so the bad guys could intercept it and track them down. They could have told the story in another way, but it's a fun action-y book so they did it in a comedic way. So yes, she was a fantasy object for a young boy. And that was all before she asked Roy for casual sex. After which he's been her monogamous partner for the rest of the series so far. I just cannot imagine an interpretation of that scene as anything misogynist.
    alekesam likes this.

VP in Charge of Cool Captain Comet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by n8twing View Post
    What "fans" called Starfire a slut pre-DCnU? That's BS. no one thought of Starfire as a slut from 1980-2011.

And for the record, she's had several sexual partners, including Dick Grayson, HIVE agent Franklin Crandall (I'd assume), husband 1 Karras, husband 2 Ph'yzzon, Captain Comet to name a few. Plus, I'd assume she's had other lovers "off panel" when she wasn't an earth-bound super-hero.

I'm not sure what you are basing this Starfire stuff on....
    Bitch gave me space herpes. Ima go ahead and call her an S-L-U-T.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Comet View Post
    Bitch gave me space herpes. Ima go ahead and call her an S-L-U-T.
    I have news for you. That was Clayface in Starfire drag.

VP in Charge of Cool Captain Comet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mike H. View Post
    I have news for you. That was Clayface in Starfire drag.
    Aaaaaaaand this explains all the dirt in my underwear. Carry on.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast